Chapter Twenty Two • My Old home

Thea's POV - Unedited

I couldn't believe my eyes I was really here, I was hitch hiking down one of the many highways towards Portland and I smiled. I was finally in the real world, home not in some place without a single soul in sight. I was still unfortunately covered in goop and probably looked like a serial killer. Not to mention I was dressed in 90s clothes and had a purple bandana covering my hair to keep it out of my face. Ahh how much more simpler it was to be alone, but I knew this is what I wanted. I wanted to be out here and feel alive again. If I had stayed in that place any longer, my insanity would become the best of me. 

Finally a blue Kombi van stopped and I walked up to the window. A group of what looked like hippies smiled opening there door. 

"Need a ride love.. looked like you had a rough day.." I laughed at the ladies comment as she asked me to get in. I nodded graciously getting in as she shut the door behind us. 

"Yes that would be great.. this day has been disastrous" I sat down on one of the seats as the a couple in front and two girls in the back looked at me. 

"So.. where you heading.." I pulled my bag closer still a little weary of people. 

"Portland Oregon.. my home. My car broke down and here I am after being covered in something strange.. I'm hoping to finally make it home" The girls laughed did the couple as the man started the Kombi up and continued to drive. 

"Well your in luck will be passing through portland.." I smiled nodding at the man in the front seat. 

"Well that's awesome" I smiled kindly at all of them. The two girls in back looked at me excitedly. 

"I'm Vixen.." one said. 

"And I'm Cherry" 

"Great to meet you!" both spoke at the same time, and then I put two and two together. They both looked fairly similar in a way. 

"Are you two twins" they nodded as both sat in front of me so they could see me. 

"Yep.. " 

The trip to Portland was long, but it wasn't painful surprisingly. I got to know Cherry and Vixen, and even Roxanne and Peter. They were all heading to a Festival together and were excited to show me the music they'd hear when getting there. To say I missed a lot is an understatement, there was new things everywhereI turned to be honest. Even the phones they had were much more advanced than mine back in the day. 

We'd make stops here and there but overall It felt invigorating to get out and about with people. The first stop I was also able to clean myself off and one of the girls gave me a new outfit. They said and I quote, it was a spare outfit for the festival but like who has spare outfits are they going to be changing more than once a day. None the less I accepted it and quite enjoyed the feeling of fresh clothing.