Hectic Happiness

Brielle POV

"So you're telling me you just want... a plain white dress?"

I nodded for the tenth time now at Evie who sat looking at me with very narrowed eyes, I've chosen Evie to design and make my wedding dress since I mean she's an amazing designer and my friend and such. Wedding planning has come full swing for Harry and I so to give us a little helping hand I enlisted Jane to help us organize and as my maid of honor.

You can imagine how loudly she squealed when I asked her to be my maid of honor, my ears were ringing but my goodness did that make her happy.

It made me happy too, wedding planning has so far been really really fun. Harry, to everyone's great surprise including mine, chose... you'll never guess... Carlos as his best man! I know! I was surprised too, but he told me it was because Carlos knew the new him the best. I think it's quite sweet to be honest, he and Carlos are like old friends now so I a hundred percent approve.

Oh, and before you ask, the whole Audrey incident was... let's see... two months ago? Yeah just about, that sounds right. I already dealt with her and her grandmother as well, not to mention I've just about polished all the things when it comes to the barrier and such, so far the Isle has been cleaned up from most garbage and is currently being restored. So far it's all been peaceful, and I could not be happier about that. Audrey and now simply Leah were tried for treason and stripped of their titles, they were upset yes but I think they'll figure out how fucked up they were acting one day, and if not... well to be honest, it's not my problem.

Anyway, back to the happy things! So far Harry has already been fitted for his suit and it's in the works, of course my dress is apparently supposed to be super extravagant and supposedly Auradon colors... but no. My wedding, my dress, thank you. I will not be having some atrocious bright blue and yellow dress on my special day, there will not be a speck of blue and yellow in the entire venue I'll make sure of it. I've even decided to not wear my crown for my wedding, for it's not a royal occasion it's a personal one.

Now I'm doing some brainstorming with Evie, and may I say it was a little difficult to get a time with her. She's been swamped with both royal weddings at the same time which includes bridal wear, bridesmaids' dresses, suits for the groom, a suit for the best man, and even more, so I understand why she is a little stressed out right now. But she's still giving it her all which I really appreciate of course, I'm kinda putting a lot of trust in her to do this so hopefully, she pulls through,

"Brielle, I respect your opinion a whole lot, but a white dress... I love the look of them but for you, I wanna add at least an accent color. You're you, you aren't a plain white dress type of gal! You're Brielle Rose Florian, soon to be Brielle Rose Hook, you need something that catches the eye, and Mal's dress is gonna be purple so that sets the bar for color options"

I chuckled and sat back up in my chair, swatches of all sorts spread out across the table with sketches and designs all over the place. It was a mess of joy to be honest, every part of wedding planning has been wonderful no matter how stressful it may be, and that is only because I'm excited to get married to my Harry that's for sure... oh to even think about having his last name is an absolute dream,

"Well you are the designer, tell me what you have in mind before I completely shut it down, and no purple"

Evie lightly squealed and jumped up to another drawer of swatches. I leaned back in my chair again as she trotted back over to the table with them as Doug came in with tea. I smiled and nodded to him as he handed me my cup and gave Evie hers with a kiss on the cheek which made her absolutely light up,