Audrey's Entry

-One Day Till Descendants 3-

*Audrey's Diary Entry*

Dear diary,

Can you believe it? Tomorrow is VK day. This day has been so dreaded, my grandma tried her best to turn the council against Brielle and Ben but alas it didn't work forever. Brielle was too strong with her points and arguments and flipped the entire council except for grandma onto her side, and tomorrow we'll all be in grave danger.

What are they thinking? Bringing all these dangerous people to Auradon, did they not see all the chaos that happened with the first five? Do they have yet to learn?

Ben and Mal are still a thing, unfortunately. Grandma keeps telling me to get him back before it's too late and I know that but how? I've tried everything and he barely even looks at me anymore, what does he seriously see in her? I'm a princess, the most suitable princess for him at that, and what is she? A girl from the Isle that happens to be the daughter of the worst villain of all time. He does see how wrong that is right?

Grandma really enlightened me when she visited me at my R&R retreat thank goodness, but she did really go on about me needing to marry Ben. It's really stressing me out, to be honest. It's my job to restore our family name, it's only fair for Ben to marry me anyway.

And Brielle, ugh don't even get me started about Brielle! What does she see in Harry? Yeah, he's hot and an absolute hunk sure, but he's a PIRATE. A filthy pirate! He is the farthest away from a real prince that she could've possibly gotten and yet she fell for him? She refused to date when we were little, led dozens of princes on for years and nothing. I kid you not the number of boys that wanted her and still wants her is insane! It's even more than I have, and who does she choose? A pirate! Within a few days of that pirate being here, she's head over heels? I mean come on! A pirate over a prince? What sort of logic is that?

Besides, she's acting far too bold. Brielle is the Queen, she has to know to stay proper and to know her place, grandma always rambles on about how unprofessional she is. Grandma told me that Brielle normally talks more than Ben in council meetings and that the Queen should let the King speak first and speak for her. How improper, if I were Bens queen I would always let him have the spotlight, I at his side batting my lashes as grandma says.

Someone should really put Brielle in her place, and someone needs to knock some sense into Ben. Well, someone should knock sense into Brielle too, if I can have Ben then she gets to have Chad and he can get off my back. It would be perfect.

But no. Those two villain kids had to intervene, a pirate and a fae just here to ruin everything. Do you know how stupid Auradon probably looks to the rest of the world? Our King and Queen dating these silly little distractions from their real suitors, it's ridiculous. Brielle belongs with a prince, Ben belongs with a princess aka me, it's that simple!

They do look happy together, especially when I get a rare glimpse of Brielle and Harry just cause Mal is a little on the less affectionate side. But ugh, the number of times I've seen them laughing and goofing off, not to mention when they do that thing where they close their eyes and just hold their faces really close together if not touching, it's sickening. And I want it.

Ben was never that way with me, it's not fair. He never pressed to be in my space just because he wants to be close, oh but Harry can barely get enough of Brielle. The way he looks at her... at this point it's indescribable. It's like she's the only girl on this entire planet, like she's a goddess or something. Especially recently, for some reason he's been doing it more, I can tell. I can't help but pay attention, I want someone to look at me like that. Ever since the first day he laid his eyes on her he couldn't get them off.

Recently it just looks like he's intently thinking about something, regardless why can't I have that with Ben?

It's all Mal's fault, if she had never come to Auradon we wouldn't be having this issue. Hell if all of them never came we'd be fine. I'd still be with Ben, Brielle would either be single or with a prince, and we could continue pretending like the Isle doesn't exist. But no, we just couldn't leave it alone, could we? We just had to start a whole program around it, didn't we? Disrupt the peace and all, disrupt my peace. I just want Ben, to be his queen, to be a queen, is that too much to ask for?

Even if Ben will never be the super romantic type, I want him and I'm telling you I'm going to have him.

Tomorrow is VK day, and I'm just going to get it out of the way and it'll be fine. Nothing can happen too substantial in one day, I'm sure it'll all be fine.

A/N

*Important*

Hiya! That's right, two uploads in one day :D Just cause this one is short and took me like thirty minutes to write and another thirty to edit and thought hey why not? I also have a wee question for you all regarding part of D3, so please give me your feedback to help out this part of the story :)

So here's my question, without revealing much information there is a scene in mind. Close to the beginning of the chaos that is the plot of D3 that I'm making and such we have a scene that I want to ask you guys for your preference. 

I have two options here, I can make this scene more dramatic and perilous, or I can make it calmer and less dramatic. It won't affect the overall plotline or ending that's already been set in stone, it only affects this part of the book because it makes it more interesting in my opinion. So, make the scene dramatic or calm? That's my question in shorter terms, some peril for dramatic effect or almost none? 

No matter your choice it will not affect the ending or plotline, I repeat it is purely a cosmetic decision, not structural :)

Thank you all for your feedback here, I personally prefer the dramatic option a little more but I wanna make sure you all like the idea of having some extra drama sprinkled in :D

Remember to stay hydrated and to be kind to yourself today :D

-Brooke