Regrets and Courage

Third Person

Harry felt completely shattered, as if his heart had broken into a million little pieces as soon as Brielle's eyes fluttered shut. The first train of thought that he thought of was that it was his fault because he didn't protect her like he always promised, and it was killing him.

Then, another thought came about that seemed to kill him even more...

"... don't wait, you never know when the last opportunity will slip through your fingers"

Harry had run out of opportunities to tell Brielle how much he really did love her, and now he wouldn't be able to ask her to marry him either, or so he thought. With that thought alone, Harry whimpered in a far heavier sadness than ever before, then suddenly letting out more harsh sobs of sadness, fear, and now most of all, regret,

"N-No... g-gods someone w-wake me up p-please! J-Just let m-me out o-of this f-fucking n-nightmare... p-please..... B-Brielle j-just... o-open yer e-eyes... I-I beg y-ya..."

Harry pleaded to the skies above, but alas nothing changed as much as he wished it would. Harry was now being tortured by the fact that he didn't ask her to be his wife sooner.

By asking Brielle to marry him, it was more than the ring and the societal outlook on marriage. Harry saw it as so much more, for he wanted to tell her in the proposal every thought he's never shared with her, what he thinks when he admires her that is. He'd never shared those thoughts with her before because it is the purest of his thoughts, but he's ready to share them. When Harry admires her he simply slowed down for a moment or two and soaked up all of her beauty in every way and takes a minute to be grateful that she chose him out of every prince in the whole wide kingdom.

Harry never thought he'd get married so he never even thought about the amount of love it takes to marry out of love, so now that Harry had the love and the wish for the next step, he at first didn't exactly know what to do. But slowly he had been realizing that with Brielle as his best friend as well as his lover, it doesn't have to be as hard as he thought. It had taken Harry months to get the nerves to ask her, and just as he had readied himself, he was too late.

Now Harry feared that Brielle didn't know nearly enough when it came to how much he truly did love her, and the last thing Harry wanted was for Brielle to die without knowing how much Harry loves her, and to Harry that is exactly what has just happened.

Harry blocked out every other outside sound or sight and sobbed, so hard it was hurting his throat. He slowly readjusted to sit in a way to have Brielle completely in his lap and buried his face into the crook of her neck to simply feel her warmth, it made him feel some form of comfort. Harry sat with Brielle being held tightly in his arms for a few minutes simply sobbing before he could even sit back to look at her.

But when Harry did, he tried his best to compose himself by sucking all of his emotions back for a moment or two. Harry looked at her peaceful expression and was brought into a sense of peace too, for she didn't look frightened. The smile she had given him right before she closed her eyes was still on her lips just a little bit. Harry smiled a little too through his tears and gently brushed one of his hands onto her cheek and about broke down again as he slowly and shakily grabbed her hand, the one that would have held his ring if Harry had asked and if she had said yes. He stared at her hand gently held it in his whilst sobbing profusely, then because his hands are rather big compared to Brielle's he was able to hold her hand and lifted up one of her fingers, her ring finger. Harry slowly shook his head as his body began to shake all over with immense sadness and fear and stared at her bare ring finger,

"D-Darlin'... I didn't s-sketch ya e-enough.... I d-didn't l-look into y-yer eyes enough...... I d-didn't t-tell ya h-how much I l-l-love y-ya.... c-come b-back..... p-please"