Apologies & Movie Night

Brielle POV

Ben stayed back to check on everyone but I couldn't be there anymore. I was fuming, felt like I wanted to punch something level fuming. I marched out onto the main lawn where the picnic tables were, VKs all sitting at one table. Luckily no one had left yet so they were alone out there for now, a perfect time to get a much-needed apology in.

I slowly walked up to the table, quiet and honestly tired from all the yelling I just did. To make myself more friend like instead of a hierarchy, I went to the side of the table and kneeled down on the grass and rested my arms on the tabletop. I took a minute and just took some breaths, the VKs looking just as bothered as I was if not more,

"I'm not going to pretend that what just happened didn't happen, in fact on behave of everyone in that courtyard that was against you guys or didn't do anything to help I will say that I am deeply sorry"

Mal looked at me with a stone-cold expression, however I could see the sadness in her eyes,

"We don't want your royal pity"

She snapped at me. I simply shook my head a little,

"Good because I'm not giving any of you royal pity. I'm not sorry for any of you, I'm sorry for the way that you are all being treated. You all acted as you would on the Isle and that's understandable, none of you have been here for long and I don't expect you all to do a complete 180 in a week or so. None of you are in trouble, none of you knew how else to react and that's alright. Change is uncomfortable and I think this is one of those times where it's very evident. Auradon has never seen a program like what Ben and I have created that got the five of you here, of course, it's going to be uncomfortable at times. The problem is there is a lot of close-minded and comfortable people here today and when they are uncomfortable the first thing they do is lash out, same for the five of you..."

I took turns looking at all of the VKs, giving them warm smiles and taking a deep breath,

"... Mal, Ben saw something in you from day one and Audrey and him had never been a completely happy couple in the first place, something was bound to happen there. Evie, you don't enjoy hurting people, it's the only thing you used to do on the Isle as a past time, that doesn't mean you enjoy it. Jay, you enjoy playing tourney and bragging to girls, there's no true harm in that. Harry..."

I looked at him for a second before grabbing his hand and simply holding it on the table,

"... I know you wouldn't flaunt me around like some valley girl flaunts her diamonds, if you brag about me then its for a completely different reason..."

I gave him a quick wink,

"... Carlos, to be fair I don't think there is a mean bone in your body"

Mal had stopped pacing and had sat back down, all of the VKs had finally turned to face me. They all began lightly smiling,

"We heard your yelling"

Mal said with a light laugh. My eyes widened some and I raised my brows some,

"Was I that loud?"

I said with a bit of a laugh. Everyone started laughing again,

"Were ya loud? Is that even a question? I think all of Auradon heard ya lassie"

Harry said, squeezing my hand,

"Well good, they better have. Maybe they'll open their minds some because calm and composed exterior finally wore away and my fiery inner attitude got to see the light of day"