XX

Zion looked at the contract of whatever that was in front of him, scowling at the scribblings of the letters. They were understandable, but Zion just wasn't able to focus.

He sighed, running his long fingers through his thick black hair, and rested back on the seat looking up at the ceiling.

It had been a few days since he was given the choice to marry Aldrich. He knew he should, but he got nervous even thinking about it.

They have planned to check on the mole and the other issues a bit later, and preferred to give the kings a bit of time to accept everything happening around them.

And time was what they needed.

Zion deeply felt happy to be able to marry Aldrich. Why?... He didn't know.

And so, confusion invaded his mind yet again.

He was very happy with Adrian, but at the same time, he knew he had to marry Aldrich for the betterment of his and Aldrich's kingdom.

But did he complain about having to marry Aldrich?

No.

I did just realise that I wanted to be with Adrian though....

Sighing, he got up from his seat, wanting to take some rest. But not before stopping by his father's room to inform him about the decision.

__________________

Aldrich and Zion sat in the silence of the back garden, yet again. But it wasn't uncomfortable. Both had a million things to say to the other, but no one knew how to start the conversation.

There was, thankfully, no one tto disturb them.

Aldrich turned to look at the older boy, seeing his emerald eyes shine in as the sun light hit them. He had a focused look on as he tilted his head, making a few sexy locks fall on his face.

Shut up , Aldrich....
It's not the time...

"I'm sorry." He suddenly said, making the other king focus on him. He sighed after looking at the confusion still plastered on Zion's face.

"I should have told you sooner. I just didn't know how to bring it up. There was just so much going on....
And dad didn't even tell me clearly what was happening at all or else I would have tried to-"

"It's okay, Al." Zion chuckled, a small, mesmerizing smile taking over his face.

"I'm just...
I'm just very surprised how quick this is happening.." Zion said.

They sat, yet again, in complete silence.

Aldrich wanted to talk about Adrian with the king, he knew he had to know what exactly Zion felt before he can think of anything. And so, after a huge time filled with hesitation, he turned towards Zion.

"What do you fe-"

"Come on, boys." Robert said, a huge grin taking over his face.

The kings exchanged glances, suddenly nervous of what was to happen.

They both had taken a few days to think about everything, even if they knew what was the better route.

Heading inside behind Robert, they could practically feel their heart beats fasten. And as soon as they entered Zion's office to see Edward and Helena with a small box in their hands, they knew there was no going back.

Both of them took a seat, and were quickly handed the small boxes. All this time, Zion could feel Aldrich's gaze fixated on him. Although, he didn't have it in him to lift his head.

Opening the boxes, they saw the simple, yet expensive rings shining back at them.

Zion handed the box to Aldrich, and as he was not looking at him he missed the slight dissapointment his face held as Zion wasn't the one to put the ring on him.

Putting the ring on himself, Aldrich plucked the ring from the box and handed it to a suddenly dazed Zion.

There were a million thoughts rushing through his mind as Zion wore the ring. He blinked as Aldrich took his hand to inspect the ring. It was as if everyone else in the room disappeared.

A click brought them out of their own world. They turned to see Robert with his phone, taking a picture of their hands.

Zion turned to look at Aldrich then, to find him already looking at him. They locked gazes and could feel the small, genuine smiles take over their faces

________________

Adrian was immensely happy for the weekend. He was extremely busy the past few days, and wanted nothing more than a break.

And I didn't even get to see Zion!...

Yes, that was also a reason why he was a teeny weeny bit sad.

The last time he even saw the king was when Zion gifted him that necklace. After that night he hadn't received any messages from him, and his own were not being read by the other.

He traced the edge of the necklace he wore as worrying thoughts swarmed his mind.

Just an indication that he is fine...

He ignored the feelings and went out of the shower, quickly rubbing the towel all over his body. Quickly wearing his sweats he jumped on the couch, heaving a sigh.

He could feel his eyes close but was brought out of it as his phone suddenly started going off.

What is wrong with this device...

He opened and found an article under the keyword he saved, keyword of his king's name.

Sitting up he opened the article, and he was a thousand percent sure he heard his heart crack.

King Aldrich and King Zion join ties.

The kings revealed the news of their engagement with a picture of their rings, and have confirmed it through the social media. The people of both the kingdoms turn extremely delighted as th......

Adrian didn't have it in him to read the rest of the article at all. With bated breaths, he tried to keep his tears in as he opened the kings' account on whatever social media handles he was in, and much to his dismay, he found that the news he read was indeed true.

He didn't even have to open their accounts to find about the news, everyone seemed to post about it, even if it had only been around 5 minutes.

And everyone seemed amazed, some people revealing that they have always shipped them together.

And the pictures of their hands with matching engagement rings made him shed a few tears.

_________________________