XXXV

Adrian huffed as he finished completing the jigsaw puzzle. Looking at the finished piece, he wondered why the activity seemed so boring to him.

It's been almost a week since they've caught Trevor, and the Kings have been busy ever since. He hadn't even looked at them much, being fortunate enough for spending only two dinners with them.

When he asked going back to the apartment, he was straight up denied.

"It's better to know you're safe here with us, love."

And honestly, would Adrian have gone even if he was given an option? Hell no.

He thought it would be better to stay beside the Kings. At least he would know by the maids that they were eating in their office.

However, today he was feeling extremely lonely. He didn't want to bother his boyfriends, but at the same time wanted to selfishly snatch their attention.

He called his parents, and even talked with Vincent during the span of that week.

Vincent tried to act angry at him at first, but both the friends knew he won't do that for a long time.

And then when it was too much for Vincent, he muttered a low 'fuck this' and bombarded Adrian with a million questions.

Then, he decided to have a talk with his parents. It had been more than a few months since he ignored their calls, and it would be a lie to say that he was dreading the conversation.

His dad picked the call, Adrian talked to him for a while after which, he talked to his mum. It was clear that they weren't happy with the fact that he hadn't come out to them.

Or maybe... They weren't happy with the fact that I'm interested in men too.

They had a very short conversation, no one bringing up the topic of Adrian actually dating.

And that too, dating Kings.

Adrian shook his head, trying to clear the memory and the worries that were attached due to it.

He got up, wanting to do nothing more than to barge in the Kings' office, and just appreciate their presence.

But he didn't know if he should.

They'd just come outside of that hole when they're done...

Huffing, he looked down at his lap, his overgrown hair covering his face.

HAIR!
I should cut my hair!!
This is the perfect opportunity!

Quickly getting up, he gravbed his small back pack, rushing downstairs to step out of the castle after days of being in.

However, he was stopped by a voice.

"Sir!"

Adrian whirled around, looking at a guard coming up to him. When he came close enough, Adrian could see that he was the same one who punched Trevor's face the day he was caught.

"Sir, are you going somewhere?" He asked as soon as he caught up with Adrian.

Adrian nodded in return.

"Let me come with you, Sir. Since you're alone, I'm assuming the Highnesses don't know." He asked, making Adrian do a one shoulder shrug.

The guy lead Adrian out through a different entrance, knowing it could be dangerous to use the main one.

As soon as they were on the streets, Adrian deeply inhaled, a huge smile forming on his face as he basked in the warmth.

Turning his head to the side, he saw the guard walking firmly in his casual clothes.