XXXI

Adrian ate his dinner with a pout stuck on his face.

He knew it was stupid of him to run away without listening to any explanation that his boyfriends had to offer, and he came to that realisation after spending a lot of time crying inside the random guest room of the palace he barged in.

And now, after getting some food in his growling stomach, he thought about his actions more rationally.

But he didn't know how to go and talk with his boyfriends. Even the thought made him hesitant.

What if... What if they really did that..?
What if they really thought of dating me to get rid of the rumours?

He shook his head wanting to clear his mind as he completed his meal in peace.

He had spent the rest of the day in the random room, and was super hungry by dinner.

But now, after he finished his meal, he had no idea what to do for the rest of the night. Usually he would scroll through the internet as Zion would peek while resting his head on top of Adrian's.

Or watch movies while Aldrich would pass on funny comments, which made even a horror movie turn into the best comedy ones Adrian had come across.

Or he would wear Aldrich's and Zion's hoodies, more like forced to wear them just because they wanted to see him in them.

Thinking about all that, Adrian realised just how dry his life was without the Kings.

And here I am.. getting sad on something without even hearing their side of the story..

Sneakily heading out, he gave the tray to a maid passing by, and rushed in before anyone would see him. He didn't want them to see him with puffy eyes and red lips, which were the product of constantly biting on them.

Sighing, he sat criss-cross on the middle of the bed, wanting nothing more than to head to Zion's room, where he was staying for the past few days.

A few seconds passed as Adrian looked into thin air. He puffed his cheeks, forming a very small hole with his mouth to let the air out.

His attempts on passing time were interrupted with a knock on the door, startling him.

"Come in." He said.

Aldrich and Zion entered the room slowly, getting blessed with the sight of their boyfriend with blushing cheeks accompanied by a small pout. His startled eyes were wide as his eyebrows were raised up, hoping they didn't see his childish behaviour.

They came in, sitting on either side of the boy as awkward silence filled the room.

"I'm sorry-"

"We should-"

Adrian and Zion started at the same time.

"I'm sorry, bun. We should have told you about the pictures before. But I swear, it isn't the reason why we are dating you." Zion said.

Adrian just continued looking at his fidgeting hands, listening to him.

"We love you, cupcake. I was too embarrassed to accept this earlier but yes, we love you with everything in our heart, baby." Aldrich said, smiling a little bit as he saw a pinkish hue rise on the little one's cheeks.

"Can we... Can we touch you?" Aldrich asked.

Adrian had never heard of him so hesitant. He was always confident about whatever he said or asked.

Adrian nodded his head after a few seconds, making Aldrich heave a sigh of relief.

Zion was quick to grab his right hand, playing with his short fingers, pressing butterfly kisses on them.

Adrian stretched his legs, resting his back on the back rest as Aldrich played with his soft, white strands.

"We were very scared about your safety, bun. The pictures did reveal about us knowing you. And we just wanted you to be safe. But despite all that, I had my mind stuck on you. I want the best for you, bun. We want the best for you." Zion said, resting his back beside his boyfriend.

He was worried as Adrian didn't talk ever since they started the conversation. He didn't look angry, just exhausted.

Aldrich didn't fail to notice that, too.

I wish I could erase that frown..

Aldrich laid on his stomach by Adrian's thigh, looking up at him as Adrian rested his head on Zion's chest.

"Cupcake... About the rumours regarding you, about what you said earlier... We never even thought that. I'm so sorry we didn't say it earlier. But we didn't want to burden or frighten you." Aldrich said, laying his head on Adrian's thigh, his voice holding a sad and low tone.

"Yeah.. it's okay." Adrian said for the first time that night.

"It's my fault. I'm sorry." He said, his eyes turning a bit glossy.

Zion noticed this, and positioned them on the bed again with him on his back and Adrian laying on top of him on his stomach. Aldrich laid on his side, basically sticking to them. He sprawled an arm across Adrian's back as Zion clutched the boy in one of his arms, the other holding his fiancé close.

Adrian felt his eyes close, Zion's heartbeat lulling him to sleep. The only thing he remembered before drifting off was Aldrich peppering small kisses across his face.

___________________

A/N -- not the perfect chapter-
😅
Thank you all for helping me cross 500 votes!!✨