VII

The stiff man tapped his fingertips against the table. He still hadn't worked with his plan, waiting for the perfect time. And besides, he needed more evidence.

But despite all this, he was calm. He was calm as he knew he would finally get what he was hoping for for a long time now. Just a little bit more.

Just a little... Bit.... More..

He smiled.

___________________

It had been a week since the ball. Social media went crazy after it and photos were still being uploaded regarding the event. Everyone was content.

Adrian was too. Why wouldn't he be as he had new found crushes after he attended the ball?

Yes, he accepted the fact that he felt attracted towards two of the three Super Kings. He had always liked King Zion. It seemed as if everyone fell for his big heart. But he never thought he'd have a crush on King Aldrich. In fact, he loved it when he so openly flirted with him.

But Adrian knew this was not correct. Any of the Kings wouldn't want to be with a local. He just had to accept this fact.

Speaking of the Royals, he never talked to them after staying over.

And the stay over.... It was amazing....

Adrian knew the King slept with him, and he enjoyed it very much. In fact, he enjoyed it so much that he woke up because he was missing the king's warmth.

And then, after quickly having his breakfast he left the palace, making sure no one saw him. He felt that he had already made everyone uncomfortable with his presence, and that he shouldn't be extending his stay any further more. He left a long thank you note though.

Shaking his head from the thoughts of the stay over, he left his house for the restaurant he worked in. He had been thinking about the stay over a lot.

He was happy he got to meet with the Royals. He was happy to know that all the Kingdoms are being run by really good rulers.

He looked at his walking feet.

Hmmm..... I need to buy new shoes. But I already just bought a pa-

Someone dragged him to the back of a building nearby.

What the fuck??!! I don't wanna die what's happening?

He tried thinking straight but it was getting harder to do it over the ringing in his ears. He tried freeing his arm from the man in front of him but he had a very strong grip.

Wait why does his back look so familiar. Is that-

"Baron!!"

"Took you long enough to remember."

Adrian pounced on him.

"HOW THE HELL CAN YOU DO THIS!!??... I WAS SO SCARED.."

It angered Adrian more that Baron had the audacity to laugh...

He glared as best as he can, which made Baron stop instantly.

"Okay okay, geez.... You are scary when you do that."

Adrian glared harder.

"Come on, it's not even a huge issue. I just wanted to talk with you but I didn't have your contact."

"So you just thought it would be okay to almost kidnap me??!!" Adrian almost yelled.

Baron seemed flustered.

"UGHH"

And with that, Adrian just resumed walking. Looking back, he noticed Baron was not following him.

"Didn't you say you wanted to talk?" He asked to an embarrassed Baron.

"Oh yes!" And with that, his embarrassment seemed to fly out of the window.

"I've been wanting to come in contact with you ever since the ball!... And I heard you stayed over?.. Reyna showed me the pictures.." he said with a smirk and nudged Adrian.

"Yes, I slept over but I have no idea what pictures you're talking about."

"Zion and your pictures." Now that was enough to leave a red Adrian, and as much as he wanted to blame the sun for it, even he knew that was not the case.

"Wait aren't you the King's cousin? How the hell have you been able to roam around so freely??" Adrian had to change the topic, and he chose the questions that were bugging him since a few days.

"Oh I try my best to blend in. And I've been sneaking out so much I have a lot of tricks up my sleeve to blend to not attract attention."

Interesting..

There was a silence stretched as they walked quietly. Adrian was very surprised that Baron was quiet. That boy did not possess that quality.

"The rest are leaving in three days." Baron suddenly blurted out.

"Huh?" Adrian was confused.

"I thought they left 2 days ago. Didn't all the rulers go then?"

"Yes but the royals of the four kingdoms stay back a little longer. They have a lot of people to manage the Kingdom without them so it's not a huge case." Baron explained.

Adrian hummed.

"They want to meet you."

What??

To say Adrian was confused would be an understatement. He just stared at the other man, trying to make out if he was joking.

"Come on, do you have rock inside that skull?"

What-

"See.. they really want you there. We all will appreciate it. Please?" Baron asked with.. puppy eyes??

In a daze, Adrian just nodded. He knew what he indicated by that, but either way, he didn't complain.

"Great!!!" Baron practically screamed.

"Come by this evening.. or even earlier if you want, who's complaining?"

And without saying anything, the guy just ran away.

What is wrong with this guy?

He just continued his journey. He worked as a cashier at a nice, huge restaurant. The pay was good and so were the managers. He also got a huge amount of sick leaves.

But, now he had something else in his mind.

The royals want me there again?

He was happy, ecstatic in fact. But he was also saddened by another thing.

They'll be leaving soon....

And why that affected Adrian was not understandable. He will miss them, yes, but for what specific reason.

Why am I taking this in so weirdly?

His mind seemed like a puzzle to him..

A puzzle he just wanted to solve..

_______________

A/N -- I had no motivation when I was writing this chapter, I'm just glad I at least did it though.