VIII

Adrian was waiting for Vincent outside the restaurant he worked in. His shift was over and his best friend promised to pick him up.

He looked at the coming car and instantly went towards it and hopped in.

"You should seriously consider coming on time sometimes, Vince. Its good for a change!!" Adrian fumed. It was very hot today and he had been waiting for Vince since half an hour.

Vincent just shrugged.

"You said you wanted to say something?" Vincent asked.

Adrian knew he would have to say it to Vince, he had been thinking about how to say it.

"I ran into Baron today." He quietly said.

"Baron from the ball?"

"Baron from the ball." Adrian nodded.

"And? There seems to be something more to that." Adrian could see Vince was getting serious.

"He told me the royals wanted to see me, again."

Vincent stayed quiet. He held a blank expression, so it was hard to say what he was thinking.

"You're still not telling me the whole thing, Adrian. I've known you long enough to know when you're hiding something." He said with complete seriousness.

"I... I think I like the Kings."

That made Vince stop his car in the side. Turning off the engine, he turned towards Adrian, giving his whole attention.

"Kings?" He asked.

Adrian just nodded.

"King Zion and King Aldrich."

Vincent had a far away look in his eyes. This was surprising to him, but not unexpected.

"Okay." He finally said.

That made Adrian snap his head towards him.

"Okay?" He asked again. Vincent just smiled.

"I see nothing wrong with that, Adrian."

"But... But it's two of them?"

"And there's nothing wrong with that either." Adrian's best friend assured.

"Come on, let's have some burgers!" Vince said, not making a big issue, which Adrian was thankful for.

_________________

Adrian was ready, yet again, to go to the palace. He just wore a plain white long-sleeved t-shirt, along with slim fit black jeans. He felt like he needed to dress a bit more appropriate, but he left it there.

Taking a cab, he took off. It was six-thirty in the evening and it took him the whole day to gather courage to go back in.

Reaching the palace, he noticed the guards did not stop him at all, in fact, they smiled at him.

This is.... nice..

Feeling himself smile, Adrian continued his journey to the inside of the palace.

But he did not notice, someone's keeping an eye on him.

________________

"Oh Adrian!! I'm glad you came!" Reyna exclaimed. Adrian noticed she was wearing a beautiful yet effortless dress, her hair flowing in open curls.

"You... You look beautiful." Adrian felt himself getting red. How could he not when the Queen in front of him basically looked like a goddess?

Reyna just chuckled. Grabbing Adrian by his arm she started tugging him somewhere.

"Come on, we were taking pictures and I want you to join as well." She said enthusiastically.

"But i-" Adrian tried defying.

Reyna just shushed him and continued dragging the younger man in the depths of the palace.

After reaching a certain door, Reyna left Adrian's arm to open it, and the pair caught the attention of the audience inside.

There were the other royals, and a few photographers, but the attention was enough to make Adrian super shy.

"Look who I brought in to join us!" Reyna exclaimed, and Adrian saw the royals smile.

"I'm glad you came." Jae Hyun said with a sincere smile.

Adrian was aware how the muscular man did not talk much with anyone he met, and he was glad that he at least talked with him.

Adrian did not fail to notice their outfits. The royals looked incredibly nice. They were dressed to look completely effortless, but still looked beautiful.

And that black button down looked so sexy on Aldrich.

Why does he have to roll his sleeves up? Those forearms look so delicio-

Adrian mentally smacked himself.

Geez keep it in your pants, you weirdo. They don't even look your way..

He was brought back into reality when he heard his name being called by Zion.

Ah..... He's voice is so deep. And when he says my name my heart goes so weird..

"I was asking if you would like to take some pictures too. We were taking some just now." Zion explained.

"Um... I don't want to intrud-"

"That's a great idea! Oh come on! Stand all of you." Baron said.

When the hell did he come in? I didn't even notice him..

They all started huddling up, keeping Adrian in the middle of the group.

Zion stood on his right, and Reyna on his left. Jae Hyun stood behind Reyna but a bit on the side, his tall height helping him in not getting blocked.

Adrian felt a presence behind, and the intoxicating scent helped him indicate the person. He slowly turned his head back, just to find the calming gaze of a  certain grey pair of eyes on him.

Aldrich just smiled at the shorter man and looked ahead, as if knowing the effect he had on him. With a blush Adrian whipped his head forward.

But when he felt Zion's arm encircling his waist, he knew he was basically the definition of the colour 'red'.

The cameras clicked, indicating that a picture was taken. They were about to move away when the photographer claimed something.

"The boy looks so as if he will burst any time now." They chuckled, and this made everyone laugh.

Adrian squeaked and tried hiding his face, when he heard another click of the cameras, indicating yet another picture was taken.

"Aww.. someone's shy now." Baron said when everyone moved apart, poking Adrian on the side.

"Leave the boy, Ron." Jae Hyun chuckled, amused by the adorable boy.

"Come on now let's have something to eat, I bet you're hungry Adrian!" Reyna said, to which Adrian nodded enthusiastically.

"Oh yeah I forgot to mention! The elder royals will be there too!" Reyna dropped the bomb, which immediately made Adrian stop his every movement.

The former King and Queen! How the hell am I supposed to stay sane ot this rate??..

__________