XLVI

Adrian felt like his eyes were glued together. It felt impossible for him to open his eyes, taking him approximately two minutes to complete that task alone.

As soon as he was able to successfully part his eyelids, it took him a while to get used to the dim lighting of the room, taking his own sweet time to take a note of his surroundings.

He found one of his boyfriends, Aldrich, working on his laptop by a couch nearby. He had a pair of glasses on as he seemed to type what must've been an email. The King looked lost in his own world as he silently worked with lightly scrunched eyebrows, but then he suddenly felt the weight of his boyfriend's gaze.

Quickly putting the laptop aside, he reached for the shorter boy, pressing a kiss on the crown of his head.

"How are you feeling?" He asked, patiently helping Adrian to sit up as gently as he could.

"Surprisingly good. I didn't have any issues with my sleep, and I feel very refreshed now." His boyfriend replied, his voice heavy and deep due to the sleep. It made Aldrich smile softly at him.

At that moment, the door opened, revealing Zion with a tray carrying Adrian's breakfast. Looking at the awoken boy, a smile stretched on his face.

Adrian freshened up before he ate, it felt nice for him to be pampered this way by the Kings. But there seemed to be something wrong.

"Okay, can I know the reason you two look skeptical around me? I won't break into two if either of you would speak up, you know?" Adrian asked when it became a bit too unbearable.

The two fiancé's passed a look at each other, seemingly more worried. Adrian had no idea what was going on, but he started growing impatient. Apparently, his boyfriends noticed the feelings, making them take a seat closer to him and softly confessing what had happened the night before.

Adrian was... Shocked, to say the least. He was unsure of how he should react. He felt a growing rage towards Trevor, which at his state right now was probably not the best thing for his brain.

His boyfriends helped him calm down, and that is when they dropped the actual bomb.

"Bun, what do you think of marriages?" Zion asked, hesitancy clearly portrayed on his face.

Adrian blinked at the King. It would be a lie to say that he had not seen this coming before, but he was not, and probably would never be ready for the conversation.

He took a deep breath in, making sure to carefully place his words the right way before he got the chance to let them flow out.

"Marriage.. is a union of people who love each other. I believe it's a beautiful connection that people have with their spouses." Adrian muttered out. The words seemed so awkward in his mouth that he felt he was giving a stupid interview.

"Do you wish to have that kind of a connection with someone?" Aldrich asked, passing a soothing hand across the white, rough mess of Adrian's hair.

Adrian knew completely that by the 'someone', they meant themselves. And so, seeing no other way out of this, he voiced out everything that had been in his mind form the start regarding the topic of his wedding, specifically with them. He revealed every worry he had.

"Okay I.. I love you two, a lot. You both are my boyfriends, of course I have pictured a married life with you two. And it's not like I don't like the idea of it. I love it. I love the idea of being able to call you both mine. I would love to officially be tied together with you two." Adrian blurted out, a sweet smile taking over his face as he felt his eyes start to water with a bit of frustration.

It's all the meds.. it's all the medications, Adrian..

He tried to calm himself down.

"Then?" Zion asked after a while, letting Adrian take a break.

"It's just a bit, sudden. No, even that's not the main problem! I know about that stupid contract, and the increasing need for you to get a spouse. But I don't want to marry just because of something someone wrote a few years ago. I want it to happen out of love. I don't want you two to have me just because... Just because.."

"I'm not going to marry you just to keep my throne for myself, bun." Zion tried to soothe down his now crying boyfriend.

He knew this must've been the reason for Adrian to be opposing. And now he had the confirmation.

"Adrian, he has me as a fiancé. And we love you, to the moon and back, and all that mushy shit. But do you seriously think we wouldn't want to have you as ours, completely? We would never do it for a f*king throne, Adrian." Aldrich explained with a soothing tone.

"Again, we're not saying we're gonna wed each other right away." Zion chuckled.

"We're just saying, it might just, not be the worst thing that could happen to you. We wanted to know the reason behind why you seemed to be so weirded out by the idea of marriage, sometimes." The King smiled.

Adrian had a lot of thinking to do. He finally had the conversation regarding something that was bugging him since a long time. And now he had closure, and felt like he could talk about it more in the future if there would be something else to decide.

"I need some time to think about this." He said, knowing his thoughts about this situation could drastically change their relationship, even if it was in the negatives.

He decided to think about it once he would regain a clearer brain. He knew that just like always, he needs more time to think about stuff to make rational decisions this time, too.

But for now, he felt stupidly frustrated. He didn't like the way his boyfriends were talking to him at that moment. He didn't like the way his head started to form a light dull ache. He didn't like the way his leftover soup had turned cold during the conversation.

He turned to give an angry glare and a pout at the two, making them almost laugh.

But they didn't. Knowing fully well it was just time to feed the little boy till he feels full and to give him his medications to keep him nice and healthy!

____________________________

Ahaha... Umm  hi? 😭
I forgot where I was even going with this story💀, this was one of the chapters I had in my drafts...

But yeah, how have y'all been doing?! Its been so longgg