XLVIII

Zion silently looked at his phone, replying to the text he had received. He didn't want to disturb his partners.... Yeah that seemed like a death wish.

He glanced at the two for the umpteenth time, almost chuckling at how focused they looked as they painted.

Today, the three felt really artistic, and as they had time on their hands, they had decided they'd make something and compete their pieces with the others.

It was a friendly match, but Adrian and Aldrich seemed to start getting really competitive.

"Take a picture." Adrian said, as he noticed his boyfriend looking deeply at him.

It would be a lie to say that Adrian's heart wouldn't burst into a thousand tiny little butterflies every time he noticed them doing that. It made him feel incredibly giddy.

"Oh I did. And it's not only of your face." Came Aldrich's answer.

Zion chuckled at the intrusion, preparing himself for the banter unfolding.

He felt like there was no getting bored with these two, they were always bickering and teasing each other, occasionally bringing Zion into the scene. But now that he thought about it, he could never imagine his life without either of them.

Fate brought him and Aldrich together, for which he was very confused at first, but now he wasn't complaining. In fact, he was grateful.

And he was just as equally grateful for having Adrian in his life. He didn't want to get so caught up with the boy when they didn't have an actual answer from him yet, but he couldn't help it.

He wanted to have a future where the three were promised.

Before he could get lost in his thoughts, he focused on the present, leaning behind as his lips quirked up listening in to the conversation.

"Yeah? What were they of, my feet? Never knew you were into that, Aldrich?" Adrian replied, his face holding some sassiness.

"Hm? Are you foot-fetish-shaming? Babe, even if I'm not into it, would you really do that?" Aldrich questioned, one hand dramatically falling on his hip as he leaned on one leg, the painting he was working on now seeming to be forgotten in the banter.

Zion almost laughed out loud when he saw his boyfriend's fuming face. The boy clearly wasn't ready, but honestly, these arguments would start so foolishly and quickly he was never ready.

Adrian blankly looked at the King, the sun rays settling to shine on his face enhancing his features. Zion noticed this and adjusted himself in such a way that he was standing in between the window and his boyfriend, making his back starting to warm up with the harsh sun.

"You know that is not what I meant." He finally replied, failing to get a comeback.

Aldrich chuckled at this, a softness taking over his face as he looked over the annoyed face again. It was clear that Adrian was feeling a bit pissy today, and Aldrich was trying to help him feel better.

Keyword, trying. In his own way.

He silently continued looking as Adrian got back to painting his piece, the creases formed on his forehead clearing out slowly.

Aldrich and Zion passed looks, and as if talking telepathically, they moved in together to cover the boy in a three way hug.

Adrian melted in the unexpected touch, his body relaxing as he took in a deep breath. He closed his eyes to enjoy the warmth silently.

He knew this moment was going to come, but he was feeling too shy to ask for it.

After what felt like an eternity, Aldrich moved from the intimate moment, just to lean down and kiss his boy deeply, both of them feeling their knees buckle at the intensity of the light kiss.

Aldrich moved away slightly, looking at the boy intensely, looking at the way his face adorably started flushing.

Chuckling at him, he swiped the small gallop of red paint he collected from Adrian's canvas without him knowing, laughing again when Adrian groaned, sinking into Zion's touch who didn't stop hugging him from his behind.

"What?! It matches your blush." Aldrich laughed, ignoring the adorable glare he was presented with.

"I possibly cannot blush that hard! Shut up..you're no better either.. you... Yo-"
Adrian couldn't come up with anything, just going back to scowling at his King.

"Mhmm.. left you speechless again, didn't I? I have that effect on you all the time." Aldrich said, smirking a bit.

"Exactly. I don't even want to open my mouth around you, you're that undesirable." Adrian fired back.

Aldrich opened his mouth to provide him with another comeback, but Adrian shut him up.

Zion watched as another banter started to flare up, shaking his head and chuckling for what seemed like the thousandth time for that day itself.

His hand unconsciously came up to play with Adrian's necklace that he gifted him, looking at them with a fond smile. But that's when it hit him.

They have been trying to get a proper painting for so long, but they've just been awfully going back and forth and forgot to have lunch.

"Okay, okay.. Time to stop this. We have to eat." He said, picking up Adrian's canvas and holding his little hand in his very soft ones, looping the other arm around Aldrich's.

"What? Why have food when we have Adrian?!" Aldrich asked, his face seemingly serious.

This time, the groan coming out was not just Adrian's,.. Zion was getting hungry and he was ready to snap at Aldrich's sexual innuendos.

_____________________________

Bruh idek what this is istg, I knew I intended to make this a filler chapter but seriously hazel? Literally could've cried with the way this turned out lmfao..

Sorry for burning y'alls eyes 🙂