XLIV

Zion paced around the room, occasionally running a palm across his face as his mind runs a marathon. He turns to look at Aldrich for the umpteenth time, internally hoping that his fiancé would take him in his arms and take him back in the past, where Adrian wasn't suffering.

Aldrich was right where he was for the past hour or so, his hair buried in his hands as his elbows rest on his thighs.

The doctor had told them the impact of the blow was not as dangerous for the boy, which was an incredible thing. His brain was protected in his skull well, which now was cracked. He told them that Adrian would wake up anytime soon, and he might be confused and might not remember much of the events revolving around the trauma, but those memories would slowly came back to him.

He just had to be taken care of, and had to rest for a while, which the Kings would make sure of.

They were currently by the bed their boyfriend occupied, inside the mansion the Drovank family resided.

They kept a close eye on the sweet face of the white haired boy, who had a bandage wrapped around his head.

His eyebrows twitched now and then, but his face remained emotionless. Zion sat by his side clutching his hand as his eyes started to grow heavy.

_____

Adrian could feel someone calling out to him. His name, echoing through the walls of his brain.

Who's that?

He didn't understand.

The voice was recognisable, it somehow made him calm. He tried repeating his own name, following the person's call. But, why could he not do that?

He wanted to tell the person that he was listening to them, he wanted them to know that their cried wasn't going in vain. That he was there, but he felt trapped. Trapped in his own body, which he couldn't move an inch.

He could feel his panic kicking in, trying to scream but being unable to even whimper.

After what felt like hours of trying, he felt the energy rush in as he snapped his eyes open, but the low light present around him made it hard for him to focus.

W- where am I?!
Wha- what---

He took harsh breaths as he tried to figure out, but then something, or rather, someone reassuringly squeezed his hand.

Following the trail of the hand, he found one of his boyfriends sitting beside him, sleeping as his head rested by Adrian's body, his emerald eyes hidden under his eyelids.

Adrian felt himself relax. He was with them, he was sure he was alright.

He felt a strong hand caress his platinum dyed locks, making him relax even further as he turned to look at Aldrich, who looked back with affection in his eyes. Although, Adrian could see his eyes were drenched in tears.

Why is he looking as if he's in pain..

Adrian managed to open his mouth, croaking the words with difficulty.

"..are, you 'kay?..."

Aldrich lightly chuckled, pressing a light kiss on his boyfriend's cheek.

"I should be asking that, silly bun." Adrian smiled at the nickname.

"What happened?" He whispered, after having a few sips of water with the help of the other King.

Aldrich sighed, now feeling a bit relaxed as he traveled his rough palms across the boy's face, cupping his neck every now and then.

"Doesn't matter now. You're here with us now, aren't you. That's all that matters." Aldrich muttered back.

He looked at the boy who was now patting his fiancé's head softly, which was resting on his stomach. Feeling grateful now that he had him back, he gulped back the faint guilt which was eating his heart away.

_____

"Oh my goodness, yes Zion. As I've told you before, I'm full." Adrian whined, feeling tears of frustration filling up his eyes.

Zion and Aldrich stopped bugging after listening to the tone. Apparently, their boyfriend wouldn't exactly be oh-so-jolly around them all the time.

Adrian gulped the medications down with water, reclining back as he looked over the two. He noticed the way Aldrich was being, but didn't knew the reason and thought he was just being his over protective self.

But now he realised, maybe that's not the case. He wondered why the King would look guilty, and didn't talk as much as he normally would.

He didn't even tease me, and that's saying something..

And so, he voiced out his questions, curious himself.

"I'm sorry, Adrian. I know I shouldn't have said everything that I did earlier. I just meant to say that I will support you as much as I can. I will treat you like the Prince you are. And I do realise how much your profession means to you and I'm so so proud of you. I'm just.. I'm so sorry I said all that. I really don't know what came over me." Aldrich said after a long pause, his gaze fixed on his boyfriend's face.

Adrian's eyes glazed over as he hugged his King his best, Zion soon joining in. They stayed like that until Adrian broke it apart as he sat back with fumbling fingers.

"It really hurt me when you said that yesterday. I'm glad you think otherwise." He mumbled as he looked over with a shy smile.

They started chatting as they usually do, kidding and joking around as Adrian started to feel light headed because of the medications.

The moment his eyes could rest when he was embraced by Zion's homely cuddles, a knock stole their attention.

"Everyone involved with the attack is under arrest, Sir. The punishment for them is in your hands. We also captured the person behind it." The head of the security informed them.

Aldrich listened with a straight blank face, knowing internally that he might not be ready for the answer.

"It's Trevor West, Sir."

_____________________________

A/N -- I started listening to enhypen from a while ago and can I just say.. jake owns this bi-