XXVI

The silence was killing the younger, the cold making him rub his hands on his arms. He looked at the other, internally wanting nothing than to just go back to the comfort of his room.

"Where have we reached, though? They revealed their engagement. Isn't that a bad thing? I knew this would get us nowhere! Trusting you would get us nowhere!

"Are you happy now that you ruined my whole life for me?! Made me do things I never thought I'd do. Just for your sake! And now, everything is falli-"

"Watch your mouth, boy." His voice rang throught the empty room.

"I got you here. Trust me, this will actually be better for us. Now I have to just one thing and we will win." He smiled.

The younger tried to hold back his scoff. He regretted everything he did.

But now, he knew he fell too deep in the pit. And the fact alone that he probably just destroyed the three's life, along with his, made him want to cry.

I should have never trusted him...
I am responsible for this mess...

_________________

Adrian wiped the sweat off his palms on his trousers. He was at work, and tried his best to keep his whole focus there without swaying his mind.

He had been trying his best to ignore Zion and Aldrich. He knew that even if they were okay with it, it would break him to see them.

He wasn't jealous, and that confused him.

Shouldn't it bother me that Zion will marry Aldrich now?!

It didn't. And that was confusing for him.

He just wanted a break from his thoughts. A break from these thoughts. And so, he decided to completely ignore the couple. It will be easier for him to move on anyway.

But moving on from your past romantic interest who's going to get married to a King is hard when he is a King himself.

They were everywhere. The whole media was crazy behind the newly formed couple. Everyone was excited for the oncoming marriage, even if they didn't receive any date.

And listening to everyone talk about that made Adrian's eyes well up too.

Moving on from him is going to be harder than I thought...

He saw the time, noticing its way past the time his shift ended. Sighing, he went into the staff room, wanting another walk to clear up his mind.

He walked in the lonely path on his way back home. It was pretty cloudy, and he liked the silence of the night.

He felt his phone ping with a notification. Taking it out, he glanced at the screen.

26 new messages from 'Zion'

He just looked at the screen, slowly putting it back in his pocket.

___________________

Zion reread the message he sent me to Adrian. Going back and refreshing the chats, he looked at their in hopes that he might be online or has read the chat, but to no avail.

"Any luck?" Aldrich asked, peeking from Zion's shoulder into his phone.

Zion shook his head. He was worried even though he had a feeling that this might happen.

"Soo....
He's ignoring us..." Aldrich said. To which Zion silently nodded.

Aldrich wanted to just talk with the little boy, concerned for his well being.

"You seem too lost." Zion said, trying to hide his smile. Turning towards the other, he gave him his full focus.

"Are you sure you're okay? Is it about Adrian?" He asked, tilting his head to the side. But before Aldrich can question his behaviour, he cut him mid speech.

"Isn't he so adorable and cute, the most precious thing that you want to save for yourself? Don't you just want to squish his cheeks till he gets annoyed and whines adorably? Don't you love his presence and feel like everything is right when he is around?"

"Wh- what are you sayi-"

"And now that he isn't answering, is all by himself, probably crying in his room all by himself, that fact is enough to kill you on its own isn't it?"

Aldrich tightened his jaw as the image of the little white haired boy crying came to his mind.

"The fact that he might have no ne right now, with broken hopes and red eyes, it is enough to make you want to run to him and hug him for life, isn't it?" Zion asked.

He knew what he was doing, and knew that it was very essential to make Aldrich realise all this by himself. Though now, Aldrich was just being too ignorant.

He looked at Aldrich's face. He had his eyebrows clenched, deep in thought with a completely worried, far away look.

Satisfied with the reaction, he slowly backed up, walking away from his fiancé's completely mind blown form.

Aldrich looked at Zion's retreating back. He just made him realise what he was trying to run away from.

_________________

Zion jumped up when he saw his bedroom door suddenly open, relaxing a bit when he saw Aldrich.

"Goodness... You scared me.." he said, going back to lay on his bed.

They had dinner, and he noticed Aldrich's thoughtful face the whole time.

Looking at him now though, was what was making him worried.

Why is he looking so scared..?

"You okay, Al?" Zion asked, but his fiancé just looked back at him.

Zion continued looking at him, waiting for him to say something, but he got no response.

Lifting up one of his eyebrow, he asked him yet again with an even softer tone.

"Aldrich? Is everything alright?"

Aldrich slowly came in, sitting at the edge of the bed.

Zion continued to look at his state. It had been past a few minutes from when he barged in, but he still hadn't said anything.

Zion sat up, noticing the seriousness surrounding the boy.

"Aldr-"

"I think....
I think I like him too, Zion."

____________________________

A/N -- we have 60+ plus votes!!!
I feel so honoured!!
Thank you for your love and support!!
I love you!💕

(P.s. I have no idea what I just wrote lmao... Em sowwy)