XII

Aldrich heard his phone ringing, but he couldn't focus because his own mind was racing. He had a lot on his mind at the moment. His kingdom was having a few issues, and it wasn't even something that Aldrich could not handle, but the elders were making it huge.

The elders. It does not necessarily mean people older then the King. It means the other ministers and well wishers of the kingdom, including the former rulers. The elders might comment about their opinions on controversies and issues, but the main decision would still be of the King.

But the elders of Aldrich's kingdom had an issue with everything he did, not that it mattered but things would get out of hand sometimes. A few of them, for whatever reason, did not trust the king's final decision at all.

He knew he had to do something about them before they did anything out of hand, but he respected his father very much. He has achieved a lot in his life, and he believed it was all because of his father.

And his father saw no problem with the elders. Sure, they seemed to pressurise everything, but he wanted to not disappoint them.

Aldrich was brought out of his thoughts as the phone ringed yet again. He looked at the screen to see his father's name. Sighing, he accepted the call.

"Yes dad." He said in a dull tone.

"I have been calling you from the last hour, how many times should I tell you to accept my calls?! What if it was an emergency?!" His father, Robert, basically screamed at this point.

"I will try to make that a habit." Aldrich said the same reply, knowing well the other knew the truth.

They both talked for a while, discussing the issues of the kingdom, and later on talking about each other.

"There have been a few issues here that the elders are creating..." Robert said. He sounded conflicted, knowing if he'd say it his son would definitely have an anger outburst.

"What is it now?... I swear they have a problem with everything I do.." Aldrich sighed, not liking how their happy conversation came to a halt.

"I... Umm I think it's better if I say it after you return." Robert explained.

And so, even after asking about it a million times, Aldrich got nothing but out of his father.

______________

Zion could sense the feeling of being by himself calm him. He liked being with others, but everyone likes some me-time.

He was at the garden area towards the back of the palace. He felt someone watching him, causing him to turn around, just to see one of his childhood friends watch him with an unreadable expression.

Aldrich looked very carefree in his sweats, the sun rays hitting his tan skin made it feel like it was glowing. He looked so.... Ethereal.

"Al?" Zion murmured.

Aldrich just looked down and started walking towards where the other sat, his hair shielding his face as an impact.

"We don't talk much these days." He simply said, sitting down with a plop.

Zion hummed. Both were lost in their own mind, enjoying the feeling.

Aldrich looked at the other royal, looking at how his midnight Black hair were ruffled up. Looking at how his emerald eyes seemed to glow.

"What's going on?" Zion asked suddenly, well aware of how the other was staring at him but trying his best not to blush.

"Nothing much." Aldrich replied.

"You know, just the usual..."

Zion hummed once again.

Aldrich wanted to ask Zion something that had been bugging him, a lot. He knew he had to be blunt about it, but it was never easy when he was with Zion.

Burying his fingers in his hair, he decided he should do this before he regrets.

"Do you like Adrian?" He blurted out suddenly.

To say Zion was startled would be an understatement. He looked at Aldrich with wide eyes, his mouth opening in a small gape. He looked... Adorable..

He saw as Zion whipped his head in all directions, and then sigh in relief when finding no one around.

"What.... What makes you say that?" He whispered yelled, face taking a red tint. Aldrich chuckled.

"Ummm.... I saw you guys..
That day after dinner.." Aldrich said. Now that he said it out loud, it made him feel like a creep for watching them.

Zion understood what the other was saying, and looked towards his lap, knowing his weird behaviour is giving off the truth.

"I just... I just met him. Its just been a bit over a week.." he said, not knowing why he was saying this himself.

"But.. I like him. You know how I get about crushes, right?" He nervously chuckled by the end, raising up his head to look at Aldrich, just to find him staring back at him.

Zion paused, dropping his small smile and tilting his head in question.

Why is he looking at me like that..

Aldrich just looked at the other, his face void of emotions. But his mind was racing. He was happy for Zion, but he wanted to know how Zion felt about him.

Maybe it's his type..
But again... Its my fault too as I haven't said a thing clearly, ever, about my feelings to him.

Aldrich was leaving for his kingdom next morning. And he felt it would be important to clear out a lot of things before he did. And now, he got the chance to talk to Zion with nobody around.

"What do you wanna do about it then..? What do you wanna do about your crush?" Aldrich asked curiously.

"...I don't know. I'll just do whatever I do when I have a crush. Try to get to know them more..., Then I'll see where it goes.." Zion said, leaning back on the seat.

Aldrich knew it was now or never. He had to get this off his chest before he stops himself, and he was ready to take the risk. He had been crushing on the guy for years, and now, looking at how he talked about another guy with almost heart eyes, he was ready to risk it all.

"You know the first tim-" Zion started saying something, just for the other to cut him off.

"I like you, Zion. Have been liking you for years."

_______________

A/N -- this chapter was so bad I swear-
😭😭
I know I said I'll try to update more but things are hard rn... I will try to do it more often tho..

I really need suggestions and recommendations on what to do as my mind gets blank every time I try to update... and I need to know how I'm doing..