XXXIX

Adrian coughed at the smoke he created, his eyes getting blurry with the instinctive tears formed.

He tried locating the windows to open so that he could get the black fogged up air could clear up as the fire alarm started beeping.

He was trying his best, but his mind blowing pasta really was able to blow people's minds. In the bad way.

"Oh my goodness. Didn't Zion tell you not to come here chipmunk?" Aldrich said, and Adrian knew he was wearing a grin.

Him and his.. his stupid white teeth-

"Yes, but I can try to cook. It actually was not getting so bad until a few seconds ago. My dish was coming out perfectly!" Adrian exclaimed, his ego not wanting to be shoved down.

Aldrich looked at the pot which had some unexplainable black stuff inside.

They heard Zion's calculated steps coming closer to the palace kitchen, and looked at Aldrich with horror as the latter shrugged.

Zion reached the place his boyfriends were in, not a single look of surprise on his straight face as he took in the scene.

He didn't say anything, just adjusted his sleeves and cuffed them. When he saw the shocking faces his partners wore, he sighed.

"I saw him head to the kitchen, so I was highly expecting this." He said to Aldrich, who, in response, chuckled.

Adrian grumbled, an adorably angry frown forming in his face.

"Awe my grumbly bear.. Don't you remember I told you we'd be going out for dinner today?" Zion reminded, looking at the way his boyfriends whole face lit up.

Adrian gasped, running to their room to change his clothes.

It had been a week since they've had that awkward dinner with Adrian's parents, and they could clearly tell by the way Adrian cried that they were not happy with this situation. But with the power Zion and Aldrich held, they couldn't say anything in opposition.

But somehow, they both knew Adrian's parents will be accepting in the future. Times were different now. It was hard to find people who were not very accepting but for the sake of others happiness, they need to. They should, as simply, it's not hurting them at all.

The past few days were a bit down for the three of them. Not only with Adrian's parents' issue, but also with the fact that Aldrich was supposed to leave anytime soon.

And no matter how much neither of the three wanted that, it was a necessity.

They were very confused as to how their relationship could continue. They all could certainly live together, but for that they'd have to marry. And even if the Kings were engaged, they didn't know how Adrian felt with that topic.

It had, after all, been only a bit above four months since they've been together.

And so, to take their minds off the stress, Zion decided to take his partners to a secluded posh restaurant and treat them well.

What the future will bring will just be a surprise for when it does.

_____

Adrian groaned poked Zion's cheek again, still not successful in making the King look at him. Zion continued driving, ignoring his boyfriend who was currently leaning over to the front staring close at his face, hoping to get a reaction from him.

"Sit back." Zion commanded, saying nothing else as he still didn't look at Adrian.

His boyfriend, however, didn't move an inch, and proceeded to lift his finger to poke the King's cheek yet again, when a voice stopped him.