IX

Adrian felt as if his heart was leaping in his mouth. He, once again, straightened his back, kept his hands neatly folded in his lap, and tried his best to look formal.

He had to, because he was in the same room as His and Her Highness, the former rulers of the Zion Kingdom.

They came in the dining hall just a few minutes ago, and the royals have been conversing among themselves.

Adrian looked at the royalties from the corner of his eye, just to find the Queen looking at him with a... Smile?

He quickly jerked his head up, and turned towards the former rulers.

"Good evening, Your Highnesses. I'm Adrian Jones. I ha-" Adrian started blurting out, just to be cut off.

"Awe you're such a cute little bean!" The Queen blurted out, leaving an embarrassed Adrian behind.

Her compliment seemed to make everyone smile.

"Of course we know who you are, Adrian. The children can't stop gushing about you!" The Queen exclaimed.

That made Adrian speechless. He just looked at the others, just to see them shrug.

Zion just looked back at him, something that he has been doing since the moment they sat down. As if he purposefully chose the seat opposite to Adrian. (As this is not such a formal dining scene, they are not following the 'king sits at the main chair' bullsh*t).

Adrian looked at Aldrich, who sat right beside him. The brunette turned his head to look at the little boy and gave him a wink, as if knowing the effect he had.

Slowly, the royals started helping themselves, and so did Adrian.

Should I ask for more garlic sauce? I'm pretty sure they might have more he-
Oh there it is!!
The chicken wings will taste delicious with this!

He was in love with the food in the palace. Well, he was in love with food in general, it just felt more better that he got to eat it without paying anything here.

Picking his piece up, he opened his mouth to put the goodness inside when he felt a pair of eyes on him.

Pausing, he turned his head towards Aldrich, just to catch him looking at him in amusement.

Adrian just blinked at the King, his mouth still wide, waiting for the morsel to enter in.

Aldrich chuckled, looking at the cute boy and his messy state.

Adrian's dyed platinum blonde hair were fluffed upon his head, his light blue eyes shining with his eyebrows rosed up adorably. His cute, pink lips were still open, and that sight made a certain someone's pants tighten.

Adrian lightly shook his head, mouth forming a smile as he took in the piece of chicken and-

Ohh fuck..... God bless the chef's..

Aldrich just looked at the younger in amusement. He could pay any amount just to see this face on him. Adrian's eyes were closed and he felt his tastebuds hum blissfully.

Aldrich saw as he continued to eat the meal with content. It was as if he was dumbstruck. But he also felt extremely happy to see the younger one happy.

Yep.. imma weird motherf*cker..

Not liking this weirdly soft, mushy side of his, Aldrich decided to be his flirty self again.

Adrian was amidst inhaling his food, when he felt the heaviness of a palm on his thigh, resulting in him dropping his fork in surprise.

"Everything alright?" Jae Hyun asked.

"Yeah yeah... What could go wrong.." Adrian muttered back.

Slowly, he went back to continue eating. He did not try to remove the hand rubbing his thigh, and neither did Aldrich remove it himself.

________________

Adrian was full. And he was glad he accepted the invitation for dinner. Sitting at the lounge he felt a bit at ease. The King and Queen, or Edward and Helena as they insisted, were gladly accepting, and basically called Adrian their own.

This all felt new to him. His life basically changed in the span of a week. Not that he was complaining.

He heard someone approach, their footsteps echoing through the hallway.

He was in the lounge area alone, being promised by the others that they'll join him soon. He was enjoying the silence too.

Turning around, he found Zion enter the room. His tight pants just fitting in the right places.

Zion was a king who was known for a lot of things, and that included his looks. And right now, Adrian could see that, nice and clear.

He watched as the royal took calculative steps, his navy blue button down stretching across his chest.

Zion ran a hand through his hair as he proceeded to sit on the couch with Adrian, and the sight was etched in the younger's mind. His long, veiny fingers passing through the black fluff, messing it some more. He turned his beautiful light green eyes towards Adrian.

Adrian felt as if he should stop staring now, as the King had already caught him. But he did not.

Zion lightly smiled, causing Adrian's heart to flutter, and just looked ahead.

He had a very beautiful smile, and he was aware of that fact. Hence, he tried to put up a mask as people only started using him for looks and money. And now, looking at that breathtaking smile was a sight only some got to behold.

"You seemed to enjoy the food." His deep voice cut through the thickness, and Adrian melted listening to it.

Can these men be more drool-worthy?..

Suddenly understanding what the other meant, Adrian just whined.

"Can you blame me?!... The food here is amazing." He exclaimed.

Zion just looked at him with an even brighter smile, and just continued looking at him. It was as if both were stuck in time, and couldn't look away from each other's eyes.

"You're beautiful." Zion breathed out. Adrian just looked down to hide his blush.

Looking at the red cheek, Zion just chuckled and ran the back of his fingers through the softness.

He knew he felt differently about the boy, and wanted something to happen. And this wasn't surprising because he was the kind of person who will for anyone. He trusted anyone with an open heart and that sometimes took a toll on him as he was, indeed, a king.

But with Adrian, he felt very nice.

Both of them were soaking each other's presence, enjoying their warmth, not knowing there was a pair of stormy grey eyes on them, watching their every move.

______________

A/N -- so I'm this chapter, I've said that