XLV

Zion blinked, trying to process what was just said. When he finally felt like he couldn't understand it at all, he turned towards his fiancé in confusion, just to find him looking back with the same exact expression.

Trevor is.. under arrest..?

Then what was this weird obstacle in front of them? He didn't get it.

"And Your Highness? You have a visitor."

Zion and Aldrich heard the name, quickly getting up to tend to their visitor's needs.

They were grateful that Adrian had fallen asleep amidst the confusion, knowing that these sudden turn of events would've been quite hectic for his health.

_____

Zion sighed, crossing his leg over the other as he rested his head on the palm of his hand. He looked at the familiar face with his utmost attention, his fiancé doing the same.

"Um.. what should we ask..?" Aldrich said, rubbing his hands through his hair as he sighed.

He had a million questions running on his mind that he wanted to ask the visitor, but he wasn't sure what he should start with.

"I'll start off by apologizing. I'm incredibly sorry for doing whatever all that was, I had no other way to save Kaitlyn. She was literally at gunpoint. So I agreed to whatever he had to say. Just to, at the least, keep her alive." Baron sighed.

The King's cousin looked a bit different than the last time the other two saw him. His hair was longer, he even looked taller to them. But there was an air of maturity that surrounded him now, indicating the struggles he must've went through the past few months.

"But, how the hell did Trevor not try to do more harm? We knew he was up to a lot." Zion voiced out his thoughts.

He got caught way too easily than how he carried himself..

"His main concern was to get ahold of the throne, right? So that's what he wanted to do. But he couldn't harm Aldrich because he knew one way or the other, everyone would know he might've been behind those wrongdoings. So-"

"So he didn't object much when we started our relationship with Adrian, and then he planned to use him to get to us." Zion cut Baron off.

"Exactly."

Aldrich's and Zion's minds were still in a frenzy. It felt like they weren't able to word out what they were thinking, as if their brains had turned into a mush.

"But... He's with us now. What is this Jim Moriarty shit?" Aldrich asked the question that was bugging everyone from the very start.

"He had managed to form a few acquaintances before he was caught. His plan earlier was to kidnap your boyfriend. Well, I don't think he meant to go at the ice skating rink that day by himself, to be honest. He knew it was a huge risk. But... I guess with every passing day, he was turning a bit..." Baron couldn't find the right word to describe the dead being.

"Maniacal." Zion suggested, making his cousin do a loose nod.

"I think he started to feel as if he couldn't trust anyone with this business, but he couldn't think of what or how it could go wrong. When he was gone, the people who worked for him were actually kinda relieved. Going after two rulers isn't the best idea, is it?"

Baron gulped down some water that he was presented with, a far away look on his face, as if he was reliving the tortures Trevor presented him with.

"He might be caught, but these, acquaintances he made have grown to develop a similar thinking. I suppose they're trying to do anything to prevent you both from continuing to rule." Zion sighed at this, roughly rubbing his palms on his face.

"Who are these people, though? Did he make a lot of connections?" Aldrich asked, his face now taking a blank look.

"A few rulers of smaller kingdoms and a few ministers from both of your kingdoms. I'm pretty sure you two can handle them, but that's not the bigger issue. The bigger issue is, that they know about the contract. And they are planning to use it against you three."

That part, certainly, increased the Kings' worries tenfolds.

"Wait, did he have any connections with a person with Sandy brown hair and blu-"

"Oh yeah, I was getting to that." Baron said, quickly sitting up.

"I'm assuming you guys came across him, he's Arnold. And I'm not sure what, but they're planning something very big with him. I'm not sure who he is and how he is related with everything that's going on, but he's not good news." Baron said.

Zion understood this from the moment they crashed into him in that restaurant. The wheels in Aldrich's and Zion's mind started whirring.

Trevor might've been gone from the picture of these three, but there was one major thing that he left in their path. And there was only one way they could solve the issue before the said rulers could destroy Zion's throne.

_____

"We'll have to talk to him about this." Zion muttered.

The Kings were in the room Adrian was resting in, making sure to be there when their boyfriend needs them.

The boyfriend was resting peacefully, his white hair sticking to the bandage that was was wrapped around his head. His soft lips were parted open as he took deep, shallow breaths. His angelic face looked void of any sign of tension, seemingly having no care of the world.

Aldrich knew his feelings for his Adrian were as strong as he felt for his fiancé. And the only way out of whatever they were facing now was a wedding that tied Zion with someone.

But, Aldrich knew for sure that if he was going to marry his fiancé, they wouldn't want Adrian to be left behind.

It was just something they had preferred. To intimately connect their lives, together. They wanted Adrian to be a part of them. And that was where the problem started.

They knew Adrian was skeptical about marriage. They hadn't had the conversation directly yet, they never felt like they needed to. But as they have observed from the past, they knew there was something that was keeping Adrian from accepting it.

As much as Aldrich would hate to upset Adrian with the news, he felt like it was a much needed talk now. He was growing eager as to why Adrian was so hesitant with the idea of taking his relationship with his boyfriends to the next level.

"We do.. we'll do it after he wakes up." Aldrich replied to his fiancé, lightly pecking his lips.

_____________________________

A/N -- oh god, it's been long asf
I'm honestly just trying to complete this story as quick as I can and I just feel so demotivated whenever I try to write. I just decided to post smthing when I was done with at least a few of the chapters.

Anywhooo
These chapters gone be RUSHED AF. I'm just doing my best to complete this story, it seems awful to me so far ngl.

At this point all I care about is finishing this smh, I just don't feel like leaving it halfway, yk

Anyway, take care y'all, have fun <3