XXII

Aldrich shot his eyes open, his mind in a whirlwind of thoughts. No matter how hard he tried to sleep he couldn't get to do it.

He tossed and turned the whole night, not being able to get any excuses for his past actions.

This had been the case the previous night, too. He was lost in his own world, trying to find a reason.

Somewhere in some other room of the palace, Zion looked at the glowing device in his hand. The various messages he had received from Adrian displayed on it.

He felt absolutely horrible for leaving Adrian like this, but he did not know at all how to respond, or what to text.

He noticed that there were no messages Adrian sent after the reveal they did. And Zion couldn't even imagine how bad he might have felt.

I should send him something....

But what, he didn't know.

"Hi
I'm sorry I haven't been able to talk.
A lot of things have happened, and I believe I have a lot of explaining to do.
I hope we can meet."

Zion sent the message, and keeping the phone aside turned around to sleep.

_________________

The dining table was full of chaos, the previous kings laughing while discussing about the 'old times'. On the corner, Aldrich looked down to hide his frown and his his baggy eyes.

What in the absolute hell is making these people so happy?!
It seems like they haven't met in a million fucking years and just have to share every single thing that has happened in their life so far-

"Aldrich?" Helena drew his attention.

"Is the food not up to your expectations, honey?" She asked worriedly.

"No, it's fine. I'm just not that hungry."

Zion tried to hide his smile. He knew whatever that was going through his fiancé's mind.

You'll change too, Al...

"We would like to discuss about the future events, whatever you both have thought, after breakfast." Edward told them, making them nod their head.

And with that, everyone got back to eating, with Aldrich continuing to push around a bit of food down his throat.

__________________

"So, what have you both thought?" Robert asked.

All of them were seated, yet again, in Zion's office. And everyone knew what events were going to be discussed.

"Umm.. father?..
Before we get to that... Do we know anything about how Uncle Trevor got those papers? Or who the mole is?" Zion asked.

"Oh we are still searching about it. I'll notify you once we get to know anything. I've got this, don't worry." Edward replied.

Zion was glad his father was being so considerate, especially during these times.

Zion was never too close with his father, unlike Aldrich. He always spent more time with Helena, but still respected and looked up to him.

For Aldrich though, Robert was his only parent. Ever since he lost his mother, he always confided in Robert and never made him feel alone. Both of them went through an incredibly hard time but it made Aldrich the man he is today.

Zion nodded at his father's reply.

"So...
The media is asking for some interviews and I think it's time we give them some kind of a reply." Robert said.

The kings looked at each other, and knowing this was to come anyway, Aldrich shrugged a shoulder.

"Eh dad, we'll just hold a conference and get this done with. I'm pretty sure the motherf-"

"Yes, and that conference is tomorrow itself, son." Robert said, shaking his head at Aldrich.

"Wow. Someone's excited." Aldrich scoffed. Edward shook his head at their antiques, while Robert tried to hide his smile.

"Yes, the conference is tomorrow by noon and you both have to make it seem like you're in love with each other." Edward said.

Zion suddenly went into a coughing fit, as Aldrich looked up at the ceiling trying to hide his stupid embarassing blush.

Fuck him for being so cute
Of course I'm in love with him
Fuck everyone...

"Alright then, I guess that is all we've had to talk about then-" Zion started to get up once his fit came to an end, just to be cut off by Edward.

"That's not it, actually." He said.

"Have you guys thought of the marriage date?" Robert came straight to the point.

Aldrich sighed, knowing they were gonna be asked that.

Hell, I'll marry right this FUCKING istan-

"I don't know, actually...
We will talk and let you know, father." Zion answered.

Okay then...
I'll wait and have another conversation with my fiancé, with whom I'm secretly in love with, and have him come up to my face and tell me something that makes me question about my love for him and makes me wanna ask myself why I find a certain someone else cute-

Yeah...
Were gonna have a talk..

"While you guys are up to it, keep in mind that it's above your third year already, son." Edward said worriedly.

"Yes father." Zion sighed.

Both of the kings got up and left the room. Aldrich turned his head to look at Zion, but instead of saying anything, they both just nodded and headed towards their rooms.

Halfway through, Aldrich turned around and went towards where Zion went.

Fuck this..
I should at least get this out of my head...

He stopped his trail of thoughts as he bumped into Zion, who apparently was heading for Aldrich's room.

"About the marriage-" they both said the same time.

Aldrich sighed.

"After talking to Adrian?" Aldrich asked.

"After talking to Adrian." Zion confirmed.

Both chuckled.

______________________

A/N -- your votes and comments keep me going.
Let me know how I'm doing!!