XXVII

Adrian walked out of the washroom stalls, quickly washing his hands. Looking at himself in the mirror, he saw a figure with tired, puffy eyes and dark bags surrounding them.

He had spent the past few nights crying himself to sleep. He focused a lot on his work, working extra hours to help his mind stay distracted.

But this was not helping him with his health at all. He was tired, very much, but he was better now as when compared to a week earlier.

Splashing water on his face, he decided to go back to work. Taking a last glance, he walked out.

____________________

Adrian rubbed his eyes, trying to keep the sleep out of it. He saw Vincent coming in the hotel he worked at, knowing he'll get another earful now.

Vincent had been picking him up to and from work, and took him to different places to cheer him up.

Honestly, Adrian loved it when Vince did that. He always managed to make him laugh, and he felt nice after he spent time with him. He was grateful to have him.

"You done sulking here?" Vincent came over and asked him, taking off his sunglasses to see Adrian better.

Adrian just glared, getting up and ready to leave with his friend, his lips forming a slight pout.

Both of them stepped out of the hotel, talking to each other. Adrian paused mid talk, seeing as Vincent headed towards the back side of the hotel.

"Wait, why are we going there? Don't you usually park towards the front?" He asked, quickly following Vince.

"Do you see any vacant spots there?" Vincent asked, to which Adrian nodded.

The back side of the hotel was always dead silent. There was a dead end and you could not see a single soul there.

"I still don't understand how your grown up ass is so scared of even the thought of crossing that area." Vincent teased.

"Hey, I'm not scared, okay?! I just thi-
HOLY SHIT-" Adrian yelped, grabbing Vince's hand and hiding behind the side of the building.

"What the hell?" Vincent whispered, smacking Adrian's hand that clutched his forearm. Adrian just shot him a look with a finger on his lips, telling him to keep quiet.

Vincent suddenly showed him an overly exaggerated scared face, putting his mouth next to Adrian's ear, and whispered.

"The fuck is wrong with you, you stupid bi-"

"I saw them!! They're right over there." Adrian whispered back, and Vincent instantly knew who he was talking about.

"What?" He asked dumbly.

"Did you not see the other car there? I caught a glimpse of Aldrich." Adrian said.

"Oh... Why are they here?" Vincent asked, receiving a glare from Adrian in return.

"How would you know, yes.." he answered himself, nodding his head.

"Go talk to them. I'm assuming they're here for you." Vincent said after a minute of thinking.