What Do You Need

-Haneul POV-

This morning, as I got dressed, I noticed my favorite bracelet ever was missing. It was a charm bracelet that was very special to me. My father gave it to me on my birthday years ago, just before he passed away. After trying hard to remember where I last saw it yesterday, I realized I must've dropped it at the library yesterday when I was with Yoongi.

I arrived early at school today to go to the library and look for it. The first floor, including the library, had already been cleaned by the janitor yesterday after school, meaning if the bracelet was missing, someone else took it.

I looked at the hallway floor as I walked to the library, hoping maybe I'd find it there, instead. Nothing. Near the entrance of the library I found the school librarian, Mrs. Jung, flipping through some papers.

"Good morning, Mrs. Jung."

"Hello, Haneul." She smiled at me as she pushed her glasses back up to her eyes.

Mrs. Jung has worked at our school for nearly 40 years and all those years she's been loved by everyone. A cute, sweet elderly who likes to help all the students. Even the problematic ones.

"I was here, at the library, yesterday after school and I believe I dropped something of mine while there."

"Oh no. Come here, dear. I'll help you, what did you lose?"

"My charm bracelet."

I searched the area Yoongi and I were at and all over the library at least 3 times and I still couldn't find it. Mrs. Jung, being the nice person that she is, suggested we check the cameras as there were cameras in the library and the halls.

At first thought it seemed like a great idea, but then I realized checking the cameras meant Yoongi and I would be exposed and could get in big trouble. However, we were already on our way to the main office and I had no good excuse to get out of this.

Mr. Ahn let us into his office. I could tell he was not in the mood to talk to us.

"What do you need?"

"Haneul lost her bracelet at the library yesterday after school-"

"So?"

Before Mrs. Jung could ask to check the cameras, the school bell rang.

"Oh my, it seems I have to go back to the library. Good luck finding your bracelet, Haneul."

Oh my god, yes! Saved by the bell!

"I'm still waiting."

"Right. Um... I thought maybe a student found it and turned it into the office."

"What were you doing there yesterday?"

"Uh, looking for a book."

"Alone?"

So nosy, goddamn.

"No."

"Who was with you?"

"Min Yoongi, my friend."

"You two, alone? No teachers?"

"We were alone until Ms. Lee found us and told us we needed to leave."

"Hm. Ask your little friend and Ms. Lee if they happen to know about your bracelet. I'll let you know if we find it. You may leave."

We? Who's we?

I left his office and made my way to my first class. I was only a couple minutes late but was still warned for arriving late. Another of Mr. Ahn's stupid new rules. I was distracted throughout class, wondering where my bracelet may be.

I'll find it, I know I will.