How Will I Survive

-Haneul POV-

I stared blankly at my phone. Broken. I was clumsy enough to drop my phone into the sink as I washed some dirty dishes.

I guess I'll have to go get this repaired.

I finished with my dishes and dried off my hands. I paced through the small area between my kitchen and living room.

It is only the first of ten suspended days but I'm already so bored. How will I survive?

The urge to contact my friends was overwhelming but my phone had just broke and, either way, it still felt too early for that.

My trance was disturbed by the loud knocking at my door. I opened it mindlessly.

"Good morning Haneul. How are you?"

"Granny? How'd you know I was home."

"Your school contacted me. Made me aware of what had happened."

I gulped, "Everything that happened?"

"Every little detail."

My grandmother let herself through my apartment, sitting down at the couch. Embarrassed, I followed her and sat on the floor across.

"I'm so sorry Grandmother. I am incredibly disappointed and ashamed of myself."

"Let me talk, will you?"

I bowed my head at Granny as to apologize and looked away.

"Teenagers tend to get carried away with things that excite them. Then they get reprimanded for it. And what you did, especially, tends to get kids in plenty trouble. But I'm gonna let you in on a little secret: most of the time, these consequences are minimal. When you're young, worst that can happen is a bad reputation or angry parents. Besides what I can do, your consequences, young lady, won't hurt you much. So as irresponsible as it seems to others, I will allow you to have experiences. I want you to live your youth while you can. If this is what you want to live, then you shall live it! Enjoy it while it lasts, 'cause once you get older you won't have the excuse of your age and immaturity anymore."

From everything she just said all I can think about is my grandma indirectly saying she wants me to have sex.

"Thanks Grandma," I smiled awkwardly.

"Just don't let your mom find out. I'm going to your school to talk to Mrs. Bae."

"Huh, why?"

"She was the one who called and she let it slip that there may be something strange about the new principal. Haneul. I need you to tell me if he did or said something, anything, wrong or weird."

"Well..."

Later

Dear Park Haneul,
I would like to apologize personally for your experiences this past school quarter. Mr. Ahn has been removed from Seoul High School and legal action will be taken. Your suspension has been dismissed and I would like to welcome you back to classes ASAP.

Sincerely, Mrs. Bae.

I couldn't comprehend what was happening. I had been contacted by some type of CPS officer who wanted to ask about Mr. Ahn's "unprofessional and improper behavior". I shared everything that happened, even with Chohyeon. I'm not sure what's going to happen to them but I prefer to stay out of it. I just want to forget everything that happened.

Mrs. Bae was really understanding and well mannered according to my grandmother. She's been the school vice principal for years and she's always been great with problematic students.

The curiosity got to me and I did a bit of research on Mr. Ahn's past. Apparently, he's received awards because of the differences in previous schools. He was well known for taking a school with a bad reputation and completely changing it to a top school. How ironic.

I fear what's to happen when I return to school so I've decided that I'm going back this Friday. It's the last day of school before winter break. Hopefully this will make it more manageable.