What Does That Mean

(A/N: There's a really long paragraph here, you don't have to read it but it does explain something somewhat relevant. Skip it if you like, it shouldn't affect your experience.)

-Haneul POV-

It was Tuesday after school. I leaned against the wall as I talked to a random student I found outside the school theater. "So, you're a freshy?"

"A fleshy?"

"No. Freshy... as in freshman."

"Oh, yeah."

"That's cool. I remember when I was a freshy. Never did I think I'd do any of the things I do now. You probably think the same about yourself. Well, do I have news for you buddy. You are gonna change. Dude, you have no idea. With those looks, you'll probably lose your virginity by sophomore year. Not that I'm attracted to you, don't be confused. I like my men nice and old. Like that one right there. Ooh. He's a good one."

Marty, or something, watched the silhouette walking down the hall and towards us. I felt a smirk crept up on my face as they got closer. They put their phone away and finally noticed us watching him. I raised my right eyebrow slightly higher than my left.

"Haneul... oh boy. Did you tell him something weird about me?"

I laughed, "nah, just talking to my new friend. Right, Mark?"

"Uh, it's Matt."

"Of course, Mateo."

"Stop harassing the first graders, Haneul. You may have an innocent face but that's no excuse to mess with them."

"I don't know what you're talking about, Jinnie." I bat my eyes at him with a small smile on my face.

"Ah. Haneul, Seokjin, and... new kid. You guys are early. Come on in."

We bowed at our drama teacher, only the least strict in a school full of lenient teachers. One of my favorites, Mrs. Kwan. I walked into the theater and basically ran to the front row. I took a seat in the second seat. God, I missed this class... club. Same difference. Leaning my arm on the backrest of the seat, I turned to see what was taking Seokjin so long. Just as I turned to look at him he turned the corner and took a seat next me. I chuckled when I noticed that Matthew or whatever sat on the other side of the theater, as far away from us as possible.

We waited 5 minutes for the rest of class to arrive. I was listening to Taehyung and Seokjin rant about their rich boy problems when Mrs. Kwan finally began the class. We spent the first 20 minutes presenting ourselves to the freshmen, new members, etc. and vice versa. Finally, the class started and Mrs. Kwan began explaining a new play that we would start the year off with. A Midsummer Night's Dream by Shakespeare, as usual. Mrs. Kwan began explaining that there would be 4 main characters.

"They're two males and two females. Of course, I don't mind if Kevin, for example, wanted to play a female role. I will explain the play in a bit, but first I want to see who's willing to take the main roles. For the two main male roles, raise your hand if you'd like to try out for either."

No one raised their hand. I nudged the boys but still, nothing. I took their hands by their wrists and lifted them for as long as I could, before they began resisting.

"Lovely, thanks Seokjin and Taehyung for volunteering. Now, any girls, or boys, willing to play the female roles?"

I don't really care what the story's about, I'm getting this part. I'll fight to death for it. Me and 2 seniors raised our hands.

"Hm... maybe one of you will back out if I told you this: nearly all the roles will have some romance, but the four main roles will have the most."

"With them?" Sujin, one of the seniors pointed at Jin and Tae and scoffed, "I'm not doing that. Nope, gross."

Annoyed, I rolled my eyes at her. Seniors think they're all that and a slice of thick, crispy pizza. Smh. We sat down. For the next 3o-ish minutes, the rest of class continued picking roles as actors and some as stagehands. Once finished, Mrs. Kwan gave us an overview of each role to make sure everyone was happy with their part. Finally, Mrs. Kwan began explaining the story. We all listened patiently and attentively.

"Theseus, Jisung, is preparing for his marriage to Hippolyta, Sujin. Egeus, Seyoung, marches into Theseus's court with his daughter, Hermia, Haneul, and two young men, Demetrius, Taehyung, and Lysander, Seokjin. Egeus wishes Hermia to marry Demetrius, but Hermia wants to marry Lysander. Egeus asks for Hermia's to be punished. Theseus gives Hermia until his wedding to consider her options, warning her that disobeying her father's wishes could result in her being executed. Nonetheless, Hermia and Lysander plan to escape Athens the following night and marry in the house of Lysander's aunt, Mee, some seven leagues distant from the city. They make their intentions known to Hermia's friend Helena, Chaeyoung, who was once engaged to Demetrius and still loves him. Hoping to regain his love, Helena tells Demetrius of the elopement that Hermia and Lysander have planned. Demetrius and Helena follow them in the woods. In these same woods are two very different groups of characters. The first is a band of fairies, including Oberon, Kevin, and Titania, Jae, who has recently returned from India to bless the marriage of Theseus and Hippolyta. The second is a band hoping to perform for the duke and his bride. Oberon and Titania are at odds over a young Indian prince given to Titania by the prince's mother, Leerin; Oberon wishes to make him a knight, but Titania refuses. Seeking revenge, Oberon sends Puck, Jungwon, to acquire a juice which can be spread over someone's eyelids to make that person fall in love with the first thing he or she sees. Oberon tells him of his plan to spread its juice on the sleeping Titania's eyelids. He also ordered Puck to spread some of the juice on the eyelids of Demetrius. Puck confuses Lysander with Demetrius. Lysander happens to fall deeply in love with Helena. Puck attempts to undo his mistake, both Lysander and Demetrius end up in love with Helena. When Titania wakes, she falls in love with Bottom, Matt, whose head was transformed into an ass. Theseus and Hippolyta discover the sleeping lovers in the forest and take them back to Athens to be married—Demetrius now loves Helena, and Lysander now loves Hermia."

"Okay... That makes sense, but I still have one question. Why is the play called a midsummer night's dream?"

"At the end, only Puck remains, to urge the audience to remember the play as though it had all been a dream."

"Oh cool. So, both Haneul and I will date both Seokjin and Taehyung?"

"Ah, no. At first, Hermia is supposed to marry Demetrius but she ends up with Lysander."

"So that means... what does that mean?"

"You'll only have love scenes with Taehyung. Haneul will have some with both."

"Oh, okay. Cool."

Cool? Um no. I'm not down to that. Nope. I refuse. This ain't it.

"Haneul is that okay with you?"

"Yup!" I'm fine, it's okay. Everything's fine.