CLOSE | e. kruger

[MODERN AU!] eren kruger | fem!reader

warning:
sexual content

     the pearlescent glow of the moon seeped through the windows of your balcony before swarming the inside of your pitch black room. it was eerily beautiful, like an abandoned castle in a full moon. in the middle of the room, laying on the bed with the most peaceful expression, was you. the moonlight was almost like a halo as it wrapped around your body, warm and welcoming.

     silence filled the room. static, white noise, silence. the wall clock ticking was the only source of sound you could hear, soft and almost calming. you laid on your side, wide awake as you glanced at the balcony windows with boredom shining in your eyes. it was midnight and with the moon high up in the sky as well as the cold temperature, you would've been fast asleep.

     but you weren't.

     for some reason, you just couldn't fall asleep.

     your bedroom atmosphere was serene as always, but along that was the growing feeling of loneliness. 

     you've been so used to it for weeks (maybe even months) now yet you had no idea why it had brought you so much sadness this night. the spot beside you on your bed was cold and lifeless, not even crinkles or signs of dirt could be seen. how long has it been since you felt the gentle caress of your husband? or his warm kiss that he would leave on your lips and cheek when he felt clingy? you lost count at this point.

     work kept him busy and you no longer bothered in asking for his attention.

     but surely, asking for it wasn't a selfish request.

     the bedroom door creaked open and your heart leapt to your throat, turning your head a bit to glance at the silhouette that entered the room. the moonlight luckily served as your light in the room because just as you expected, your husband stepped inside the room. 

     his once neat hair had became messy, sticking into many places. his formal work clothes had creases and his necktie was almost undone, dangling from his neck. you could tell he was tired, the bags underneath his eyes deepened and darkened and he looked absolutely lost. your heart hurt seeing him like that while you stayed at home, spending many hours alone and resting.

     you turned to your side to fully face him, catching his attention. 

     "y/n... sorry, did i wake you?" he asked, his voice deep but soft like an ocean breeze. 

     shaking your head, you flashed a small smile under the dim light and sat up. "no, no. i've been awake for some time now." you replied before slowly spreading your arms wide open, coaxing your husband for a tight hug. "come here. i missed you a lot, kruger." 

     the man didn't say anything but stepped closer, taking the seat beside you on the bed and accepting your hug. his arms slithered around your waist, pulling you close that his warmth spread through your body like a bonfire. the smell of his strong forest scent filled your nose, the very same scent you've missed dearly for weeks now.