HOME | d. pixis

pixis | fem!reader

warning:
manga spoilers

   the sun melted above the sky, turning into a puddle of red, pink, and orange. the warm colors swam further, spreading across the horizon and filling the sky like a vast ocean water. it was a scenery you had the privilege to see after more than four decades of being trapped inside the towering stone walls.

     oh, how long has it been since you last saw the raging ocean?

     a few months? more than half a year, maybe?

     with every stressful thing that has going on inside your little island after the truth being spread out, finding the time to go out or even stay home with your husband was now a once in a blue moon.

     the island was finally evolving with the help of the captured marleyans and the hizuru nation, dot pixis along with all military branch was needed more than ever to make sure that every single thing was going accordingly.

     him coming home every six o'clock, eating  his favorite food during dinner, and falling asleep together with arms tightly nestled around you became a rare occasion that you wished you could experience once again.

     oh how you dearly missed him. his smooth yet wrinkly skin underneath your fingertips everytime you hug, the smell of his strong coffee scent that probed you nose every saturday morning, his moustache that tickled your neck every time he gives your neck a kiss, and his genuine chuckle that managed to make your heart skip a beat even after being married for more than twenty years.

     just thinking about him made your heart long for his presence and touch, matched with a painful throb as you recalled your past memories together.

     stupid military, pulling the two of you apart.

     you pulled away from the window you were gazing in, a frown dancing on your lips as you took your eyes off the sky before making your way to the kitchen.

     the house was almost lifeless as you are. also wishing for pixis to finally come home and fill it with his usual joy and love.

     the hours passed by like a ticking time bomb, but instead of the world blowing up, it was your bottled emotions from missing him too much.

     the night soon fell and the stars you used to admire with him came up and scintillated like a glow stone against the dark canvas, accompanied with the lonely moon.

     all the usual chores have been done, and you had finished pampering yourself for the day. all that was left now was falling asleep without someone to hold on to, and waking up to a cold side of the bed. just like any other day.

     you let your back hit the fluffy mattress of your bed, your eyes drooping in sleepiness as you turn to your side. pulling the blankets close to your body, you smelled the familiar scent of pixis that had brought you comfort during your months of loneliness. sighing, you shut your eyes and settled comfortably in the darkness surrounding you.

     for once, you were too tired to even stay up late thinking about your alcoholic husband.

     sooner than you think, you fell into a dreamless slumber.

— ❂ —

     the creaking of the bed and the sudden movement beside you had stirred you awake, your eyes fluttering open in slight panic.

     the room was still dark no matter how hard you tried to adjust, but the moonlight seeping through the window beside your bed was enough to give the room a bit of a light. you squinted your eyes, sat up slowly and turned to your side, making out a silhouette who had just slid in next to you.

     they froze, eyes slightly wide as if you caught them in a gruesome act. however, they had calm down as soon as you placed a gentle hand on their cheek.

     "pixis...?" you croaked out, hope dripping from each syllable as you blinked your eyes repeatedly until your blurry sight cleared up. you heard him grunt, followed by that familiar tired laugh that reverberated throughout the room.

     your heart jumped to your throat and you quickly wrapped an arm around his torso, nuzzling your face on the crook of his neck. sighing in satisfaction, you breathe in his scent—a faint smell of grape wine filling your nose.

     you could care less that he was drinking again while on his job, for you finally had him back after months of being alone in your abode.

     pixis chuckled before dipping his head to press a kiss on your forehead, his love and adoration seeping out in the simple act of old school romance. his arms slipped around your waist, pulling you close as he buried his nose in your hair.

     "mm, let's get to sleep."

     his body heat kept you warm and comfortable throughout the cold night. the skin contact you had been missing was finally quenched, his hands trailing everywhere on your skin to show you that he missed you more than you did. that he was glad that you were finally close to him once again.

     "i missed you," you cried out sleepily, "god i missed you so much."

     "i missed you too, hun." he replied, voice above a whisper but loud with his pure love. "more than you did."

     biting back a smile, you closed your eyes and allowed a few tears to stream down your face. you let it stain his shirt and neck, as you could no longer control your emotions that went in a frenzy.

     "stay with me," you pleaded with a crack of your voice, "until tomorrow, the day after, forever. stay with me."

     pixis didn't answer but instead, weaved his fingers with yours. he gave your hand a squeeze, a sign of affirmation that he wouldn't leave you be anymore, and your throbbing heart settled down as you smiled in content.

     the two of you soon feel asleep, bodies pressed with one another while the pearlescent glow of the crescent moon shining above enveloped the two of you in a light halo.

     your once lost souls binded together one last time, unbeknownst of the future trouble that would come.

a/n: i posted this in twitter lmao

and yes, i am currently experiencing writer's block so i decided to post the result of boredom here i'm sorry HAHAHAHAHAH