SORRY | a. arlert

armin | female titan!reader

     the thudded sounds of the horses and carriages echo through the stohess district. you watched the other military police soldiers fly through the air, keeping guard of the carriage that held eren jaeger and the commander of the survey corps in. you had an impassive look on your face, standing still in the sidewalks like you were an escort. you gripped your rifle tight and sighed, obeying marlowe's orders to follow the carriage.

     you jogged to catch up with the rest of your group, sweat falling from your forehead thanks to the unbearable heat from the sun and your thick uniform that was always so uncomfortable and tight.

     "y/n."

     the familiar voice caught your attention, soft and almost feather-like for only you to hear. you skidded to a stop, waiting for the rest of your comrades to walk past you before you ducked to a narrow alley where you heard the person call out to you. your impassive look quickly changed, eyes soft and a placid smile was replaced on your lips.

     the boy you loved so dearly pulled down the hood of his green cloak, revealing the big blue doe-eyes you adored so much. armin smiled back and pulled you in a quick hug, greeting you silently and lovingly. you laughed and gave him a quick peck in the cheeks which immediately flared up at your sudden gesture.

     "god, i missed you so much." you gushed, pinching his adorable cheeks.

     "i missed you too, i'm glad you're doing fine here."

     his smile was strained, sapphire blue eyes wavering as he looked at you with what he tried to be happiness and love. you knew better, though.

     the tender look you wore immediately disappeared once it clicked on you. armin was in the capital, acting all secretive and you knew he called you in for business. was he with eren? or did he come with mikasa to check up on him? if so, why was he even walking around with a cloak to hide in?

     you furrowed your brows, "what are you doing here, armin?"

     he looked around at first, to make sure no one was listening. he leaned a little close to you and gazed with determined eyes before answering, "we want to sneak eren out and we need your help."

     your eyes widened a bit, but eren was at the carriage earlier. you even caught a glimpse of him. surely, the military police wouldn't let them go in if eren wasn't with them. he was what they wanted.

     "what? why?"

     "because we need to, ah, prove that eren isn't a threat to humanity. we have a plan to do so and it involves going back to trost. you're the one who already knows stohess, y/n. please help us," he pleaded with a frown, "help me."

     you sighed before finally agreeing, not missing the smile of relief that appeared and quickly disappeared on his face. you fiddled with the ring on your finger as he called out to eren and mikasa somewhere far in the alley. you bit the inside of your mouth, keeping your lips shut as you lead them to a place they needed to go in.