ARGUMENTS | i. langnar

ilse | fem!reader

     "can you believe it, erwin?!" you questioned the blond squad leader, angrily chewing on your bread.

     it was six in the morning and the survey corps were eating their breakfast peacefully after your expedition yesterday. some were still tired and sleepy, including you, but you were too frustrated that you just had to vent your problems to someone close to you and erwin was the perfect candidate for it. as he always was there to listen to your problems, personal or just plain stupid.

     the blond sighed for the third time that day, nodding and listening in. "y/n, don't you think it's tiring that you and ilse argue at least every week?" the blond asked, slightly regretting it once seeing the deadly glint shining in your e/c hues.

     "everything would be fine if she didn't blame me!" you exclaimed angrily, slamming your hand down on the wooden table. the others looked on but they figured it was just you having another relationship problem, which was true, thus they decided to put their attention on their food. "i was trying to save her from that titan and she just had to go and blame me for almost getting herself killed!"

     erwin was about to butt in but stopped, pursing his lips together when he saw your eyes water at the thought of seeing the female you love so dearly die. even if the two of you argued a lot, erwin knew how much you love and care about ilse with all of your heart. every expedition that you two went on, you made sure to keep a close eye on the black-haired soldier in fear of death suddenly taking her away from you.

     erwin could say the same for the other. ilse was brave and smart, but there were times where her calm facade would break seeing you in danger or rushing things without thinking about it first. she was always there to scold you for your mistakes but the two knew that they were just glad that they could survive another mission with death. anyone with eyes could tell that both of you care for each other a lot but the misunderstandings and stubborn attributes that both of them had would often get in the way. 

     "like who would allow themselves to watch the person they love to suddenly die? i know she can handle herself but damn, i get scared of losing her that i want to protect her. i love that idiot so much and i don't want her to die so soon! if anyone, i should because humanity needs her more than me!" you grumbled out, brows furrowed as you pushed the bowl of soup forward, losing your appetite. 

     "y/n--"

     "she should be thankful that i saved her," you cried out, "i don't know why she just had to be a bitch!" 

     "now i'm a bitch?" you whipped your head to your right and saw ilse standing a few inches from you, holding a tray which she gripped tightly while narrowing her eyes at you. "if you weren't in my way, i could've killed it!" she yelled, now catching the attention of her other comrades who looked on.

     the mess hall was now quiet, listening in to the lovers quarrel for the drama and tea. "oh yeah?" you challenged with a scowl, "why didn't you say that when it had you in its grasp?" 

     the freckled soldier gritted her teeth, opening her mouth to speak up before pausing and instead settled with glaring at you instead. this made you smirk before narrowing your eyes and scoffing, "exactly." 

     suddenly, the doors opened and the commander stepped in. keith shadies looked around and noticed the tension in the air before seeing you and ilse growling at each other like rabid dogs, ready to throw a bunch of insults that you both don't mean. he grunted and cleared his throat, catching your attention. "langnar, l/n, cut that out unless you want to run laps around the headquarters." 

     you scoffed before standing up, passing by ilse which you glared at before exiting the mess hall, slamming the door shut with a flair.

third person's pov

     keith tiredly went to his table with the other officers after watching y/n exit dramatically, ready to discuss the future plans of the 34th expedition months later while ilse took y/n's seat across from erwin. the blond eyed his black-haired friend, watching her shove spoonful of soup to her mouth with furrowed brows, clearly showing that she was not in her right mind.

     she looked up upon feeling his quizzical stare, arching an eyebrow. "what?" she asked sharply, feeling uncomfortable under his perceptive gaze.

     "care to tell me why you told y/n she almost got you killed?" he hummed out, "because if i remember, a titan was literally holding you tight." erwin said, chuckling a bit when he saw her face slightly turning red.

     it was silent for a minute as ilse pondered her answer. she sighed out dejectedly and bit her lip, "i hate being saved." she mumbled, "y/n always think that i'm weak and need saving whenever there's an expedition. i'm thankful that she cares for me but she's making me look like i'm not capable of doing everything for myself."

     "no offense, but y/n did a good job of saving you considering that a titan was literally about to eat you." erwin added, flashing an apologetic smile when the latter only narrowed her eyes.

     ilse giggled before nodding, "yeah... but what she did was reckless. what if the titan grabbed her and ate her instead? i won't be able to live with the guilt." she mumbled quietly, gripping her soon tightly as her voice wavered, guilty for shouting at the h/c-haired. "i want to be the one who saves her next time, i want to protect her but the fact that she thinks i need it more is annoying. it's like she doesn't believe in my capabilities."

     erwin pursed his lips together before smiling, "you should hear her talk about you every time we get back from an expedition."

     the black-haired female arched a brow and looked up, "what?"

     "she always talk about how smart you are whenever you make changes to the plans that makes everything easier. she often says how proud she is to have a smart girlfriend like you," erwin grinned.

     her eyes twinkled in happiness making the squad leader chuckle. she shook her head and puffed out her cheeks, "whatever. i'm still mad at her."

     "because of?"

     "because of... shut up, erwin!" she puffed out, shaking her head as she rubbed her temples. "i don't want to think about her for now, she called me a bitch!" ilse exclaimed, looking genuinely hurt at the fact that she was called a 'bitch'.

     "want to hear more of what she said?" erwin questioned, an amused smile decorating his lips.

    ilse didn't answer but the blond knew she was curious, she just couldn't bring herself to say so because of pride. "she said that she couldn't watch someone she loves die in the hands of a titan. she loves you a lot and that she'd rather die than you."

     ilse bit her lip, face glowing upon hearing erwin. "of course she'd say that. she's an idiot." she laughed softly, wiping her eyes that started to water when she got too emotional. 

     "don't you think you should apologize now?" erwin hummed out with a teasing smirk.

     the latter bit her lip before finally nodding. "alright, fine. thank you, erwin." ilse grinned before standing up, leaving her tray on the table. she turned to erwin and gave him an innocent smile, "tell the others not to pass my room later."

     erwin rose a bushy brow in question, "why?"

     "i'm gonna show y/n who's a real bitch in this relationship."

     the blond watched her leave, slightly disgusted and aghast at what she was implying before shaking his head and finishing his food. "the double agent strikes again." he mumbled.

a/n: okay so uh, please request your favorite characters. i could care less if it's from the manga because we at least love some of the new characters. also, i should let you know that i'll be making my first smut after a whole year in my hanji ff and after that, maybe i'll make some here, who knows?