HATE | f. forster

floch | fem!reader

     the day was surprisingly sunny, bright, and somewhat cheerful. quite a contradiction when the event happening, later on, would be full of heartbreaking memories with the ceremony for the fallen soldiers of survey corps. inside the beautiful palace were military officers from different branches clad in dark green coats, with their badges printed on the sleeves. soldiers mingled with one another, whispering about their invalid opinions while constantly glancing at the survey corps soldiers that survived the retaking of wall maria.

     their gazes were a mix of pity, happiness, and disgust. pity for what the young soldiers had to endure, happiness for the success of their life-long mission since five years ago, and disgust for killing off the commander who planned everything since the beginning.

     the 104th soldiers couldn't do anything but avoid their gaze and just talk to one another, ignoring the remarks everyone kept sending their way. armin was the most uncomfortable out of the group; imagine hearing veterans claim that he should've died and that the commander should've been revived instead.

     the group tried to comfort the blond as best as they could but their words seemed to drown out among the sea of the nasty remarks from the other soldiers.

     "you know, what they're saying is true," floch suddenly exclaimed beside jean, arms crossed while staring down at the blond in front of him. "i'm sure everyone's confused as to why you're alive and the commander is not."

     "hey..." eren grumbled out, brown brows meeting together as he clenches his fist to keep his anger at bay. "shut up, you--"

     floch whipped his head towards eren and was about to retort something when you suddenly appeared out of nowhere, with a brow arched up in confusion.

     "what's this?" you asked curiously, despite knowing what was already happening. floch immediately stopped his snide remark and took a step back, turning his attention to the marvelous structure of the palace instead.

      the group rolled their eyes at floch's pitiful attempts of acting innocent when you already knew his true colors.

     it was clear that the ginger has fallen for you ever since he was transferred to the survey corps. he made many attempts to get close to you (and possibly your friends) but it always didn't work out. you find him too annoying and prideful, taking everything that the 'veteran' soldiers said as a challenge. it was tiring, he was a copy of jean and eren mixed in one.

     you soon found out about his feelings and that seemed to annoy you more. not only that but after the retaking of wall maria, your dislike towards him turned to hatred after hearing the reason why he wanted commander erwin to come back was that he just wanted the commander to suffer from what he had gone through.

     you couldn't blame him though, just thinking about a suicide charge was devastating and what he had to endure possibly nabbed him with many nightmares, but giving revenge was not the answer to his problem.

     not only that, he started insulting and arguing endlessly with the three childhood friends because of captain levi's choice. you were already fed up with his nonsensical bullshit, especially when he started manipulating armin to believe that he should've died instead. the poor blond knew better and chose to ignore him, but knowing that the whole military believed that he should've died instead affected him in more ways than one despite his friends' constant reassurance.