NICE GUY | f. forster

floch | fem!reader

requested

warning:
slight manga spoilers

     "you what?!"

     jean yelled, clamping a hand over his mouth as he stared at y/n with shock present in his eyes. the others did so too, staring at at her sudden confession with a look of unthinkable. y/n didn't reply at first as she watched the setting sun warm her face up with a soft smile.

    they were all tired and sweaty after finishing the train tracks connecting the entrance of wall maria to the port. the group was riding the train back to wall maria and the setting sun caused everyone to be sentimental and spill out their feelings and emotions to one another thanks to eren being sweet to his friends.  

     at first, y/n just wanted to watch and laugh at the embarrassed faces of her friends. she always made sure to show her gratitude to them everyday, so confessing about how much she loves them was a normal thing and everyone already knew it. but then jean told her to confess something, anything, and they'd keep it a secret.

     y/n thought it was stupid and declined at first but then she thought, why not? if they'd keep their mouths shut as they promised, then it would be okay. after all, she needed someone to talk to about it as it has been bugging her for a bit.

     "i like floch."

     y/n confessed with an innocent smile, watching their faces contort to shocked ones. their reactions surprised her. wasn't it obvious? she was sure that she was but based on their response, she guessed she wasn't. that, or they were an idiot.

     "hold on," jean mumbled as he processed the information, letting out a crazy chuckle, "you like floch? the floch in survey corps?!" 

     the h/c-haired arched a brow before nodding, "uh, yeah. the same floch we all know, the ginger." she added, a bit confused as to why they were acting so weird.

     there was a silence hanging around the air and y/n just didn't understand what was so wrong with her confession. did they not expect her to blurt out who the person she likes? what kind of secret were they hoping? that she killed someone? well, they already did kill a few people back then...

     mikasa was the first one to break out of their trance while the others only watched her with a gape. she turned to the h/c-haired with a confused stare before asking with one word, "why?"

     "why? what do you mean why?" y/n laughed warmly before shaking herself, "he's attractive plus, he's a nice guy." she explained, smiling dreamily as she remembered the first time she met the ginger who showed her nothing but kindness.

     sasha shook her head vigorously with a frown while connie laughs his ass off, slapping his knees. mikasa was as stoic as ever and eren could only wear a small smile, not really knowing how to reply. jean was currently losing his mind, unable to comprehend the words that escaped her lips. armin could only stare at the smiling h/c-haired with his own small one. despite his slight hatred towards the ginger, he could only support his friend for her crush so he had no reason to complain about it unlike the others. 

     "nice guy... are we taking about the same guy here?!" jean asked, eyes wide as he placed his hands on her shoulder. he was the most shocked out of the others, considering that he treats y/n as his own little sister. she was innocent and sweet, jean claims she needs to be protected.

     she tilted her head innocently, "yes! don't you see his kind gestures? that's why i fell for him." she explained, ignoring the cries of her friends. "i don't know why you guys are overreacting... did you expect someone else?"