COMFORT | e. jaeger

[modern au!] eren | fem!reader

and i'll be on my way in the
middle of the night,
it's something in the way you've
been running my mind.
 monsta x, middle of the night

     eren jaeger was always the stubborn type. the brown-haired male would always fight for what he believes is right, even if the whole world turned against him. no amount of good advice from his friends or family would change his mind once he has his sight on his goal. it was one of his best and worst traits, as it made him determined and yet it also made him dumb when it comes to choosing wise decisions.

     mikasa, his adopted sister, has stopped trying to change his mind because no matter what, she didn't manage to convince him to pick the best option in every problem he encounters. she gave up already, she really did, but how could she leave him alone when he was back with his bullshit again?

     the house was dark and quiet, considering it was already midnight. there was no light peeking inside from the window, giving the living room an eerie atmosphere.

     the peaceful silence suddenly broke when there was a jingle just by the door. few seconds later, the door creaked open and a silhouette entered in sneakily and carefully.

     "hey," a waiting raven-haired female hummed out, flipping the lamp on that was beside her. the room immediately glowed, showing a frantic looking eren freezing by the door and a calm mikasa sitting casually on the couch.

     eren shrieked in surprise, stumbling backwards that he hit the wall hard. "mikasa?! what are you doing up late?" he questioned in confusion, a hand clutching his chest where his heart was.

     mikasa arched an eyebrow and stood up from the couch, crossing her arms with anger and concern radiating off of her. "you should ask that yourself, eren. who sneaks out during midnight and comes back with bruises littered on his neck?"

     the brown-haired male quickly covered his neck with his hands, red suddenly decorating his whole face. mikasa snickered and shook her head, letting out a sigh. "i was joking about the bruises..."

     "oh." eren cleared his throat and dropped his hands to his side, the blush on his cheeks never fading. "i'll just, uh, go to my room." he stuttered out, lips pursed into a thin line before slowly retreating back to his room just located on the end of the hallway.

     "we're not done talking." mikasa simply said, eyeing him carefully before blocking his path. "you do know i have eyes and ears everywhere, right?"

     eren looked at her with fear and surprise, "that makes you sound like a stalker, y'know--"

     "eren, what the hell are you doing? sleeping with y/n?!" mikasa suddenly scolded, her brows furrowed as she gritted her teeth. "do you know what you're doing? you're ruining a relationship! y/n already has a boyfriend, for fucks sake!"

     amidst the chaos of mikasa's scolding, eren let out a tired sigh and pinched the bridge of his nose. "don't be an ass, mikasa! she needed comfort!"