WHAT WE COULD'VE HAD | h. zoe

hange | fem!reader

warning:
major manga spoilers

     "hange? it's time to wake up, love." you opened the wooden door to your bedroom and stepped in, followed by two energetic boys who ran inside with loud laughter r

     "hanhan, good morning!" the two jumped on the bed just as hange woke up, startled and still laced with sleep. a smile danced on your face as you slid the closed curtains open, the sun that hang up high in the sky basking the room in golden glory.

     "oof, good morning boys!" they greeted back with the same excitement they were both showing, "how was your sleep, hm?"

     "udo kept snoring the whole night," falco whined as he looked up to hange with a pout, "i thought i wouldn't be able to fall asleep!"

     "hey, i wasn't!" the dark-haired kid tried to explain himself as hange laughs wholeheartedly, placing their arms around the two just as they pulled them in a tight hug.

     your eyes warmed up at the sight when udo and falco jokingly tried to escape their clutches, happiness blooming in your heart as you made your way over to the three. "come on, dear. let's go eat breakfast?" you suggested, taking a seat beside them.

     the twins immediately sprung up to their feet, finally removing themselves from hange's grips despite their whines. as they hurried towards the kitchen, you turned to hange and kissed their lips.

     "morning love," you smiled softly, "breakfast is waiting."

     hange grinned before pulling you to their arms, holding you by your waist as they hug you tight. they fell back to the bed, with you following after as you laugh quietly. "hange, the food will get cold." you mused, looking up to your spouse.

     "can't i have you as my breakfast instead?" they cooed, voice hoarse from their sleep. hange teasingly licked their bottom lip as well, making you roll your eyes as you sat up.

     "one, the boys are awake. two, you need to brush your teeth." you joked, keeping in a laugh when they stared at you in disbelief. "now come on, i'm sure the two are waiting for us already."

     despite their complaints, they stood up begrudgingly before heading out of the bedroom with you following behind.

     as heartfelt laughter met your ears when you entered the kitchen, only one thought had crossed your mind.

     this is too good to be true.

     in the cruel world you used to live in, you managed to find the happiness you've been longing for after years of fighting.

     the death of your comrades wouldn't be forgotten but the new lives born out of love showed how everyone was already free from the hands of war.

     "mom!" udo ran to your side and dragged you to the table, your solemn thoughts suddenly disappearing like a bubble. "look at what falco and hanhan did, they made a swimming pool out of the cereal and milk!"