TALK | e. jaeger

[MODERN AU!] eren | fem!reader

     you heaved a sigh as you sat down inside the classroom, eyes trained on your phone. it showed your conversation last night with the one and only, eren jaeger, a schoolmate of yours from another class. he was probably still sleeping in; he'd wake up, notice the time, and rush everything to the school because of how late he was. you already knew his morning routine at how often the two of you talked and hang out daily. it was impossible not to notice the habits of the person you love.

     you shut your phone off and leaned back against the chair, glancing at the big windows of the classroom that showed the huge trees in your campus with bored eyes. you were too deep in your mind that you didn't notice your best friend plop down next to you.

     "hey, y/n!" petra greeted with a smile, pinching your cheeks to snap you out of your thoughts. you whined at the sudden pain and swatted the hands of the girl away. she pouted but suddenly smiled as if she was waiting for you to say something secretive.

     you arched a brow at her cheeky smile, "what?"

     petra sighed before furrowing her brows, "how're things between you and jaeger?"

     you shrugged and checked your phone, the corners of your lips quirking up when you received a frantic text from eren. you laughed to yourself then suddenly remembered petra's question, "we're fine, i guess. we're going to watch movies at my house later so..."

      you glared at the girl who suddenly winked suggestively, "get your head out of the gutter, petra. we're just going to watch endgame."

     she put her hands up in defense before placing her head on her desk with a pout. she asked again, eyes staring right into your e/c irises. "i mean, are you guys official? or is there some kind of an 'friends with benefit' or some other shit going on?"

     you stayed silent, a frown etched on your lips as you took in petra's words. your relationship with eren had no label; the two of you knew of each other's requited feelings but you never called it official. now that petra mentioned it, neither of you have asked if both of you were officially together.

     "i'm guessing you haven't," petra mumbled forlornly, "you have to talk to him, y/n. and i don't want to accuse him or something but relationships without any label do not end well. you're not allowed to be jealous, you have to control your pda, and most importantly, you can't cry if he decided to break it off because you guys aren't together. you guys need to talk."

     what petra said annoyed you to no end, knowing full well that eren won't leave you hanging so suddenly, but you knew yourself that it was true. if the two of you really liked each other, commitment shouldn't be scary.

     "i guess you're right, petra. i'll tell him about it later." you smiled, giving your friend a one-arm hug as a thank you.

— ❂ —

     you unlocked the door of your home, stepping inside and letting your brown-haired visitor enter. eren had been at your house a few times due to school projects and hanging out, which made him meet your parents sooner than he should at how often he was by your side. even though you call each other friends in front of your parents, both of you knew of your hidden feelings for each other. your father wanted you to marry him (he told that while he was there, how embarrassing!) and your mother approved him as a 'good boyfriend material' as well.