COFFEE | b. hoover

[MODERN AU!] bertholdt | fem!reader

requested

     the bell of the coffee shop rang as you enter, the strong aroma of the cocoa beans drafting through your nose. a smile went to your lips, the cozy atmosphere welcoming you in like a hug. this was what you needed after a long day working inside your home. though it was cold outside and you preferred staying in, getting out of your house once a while was something you always wanted to do but rarely get to do it. the current cashier greeted you cheerfully and you smiled in return before looking around the small shop, spotting your friends seated in the corner.

     "hello, y/n!" connie greeted you cheerfully as you neared the table. the golden-eyed man pulled you in a tight hug in which you gladly reciprocated with a giggle.

     "we've been waiting for you since forever!" sasha whined, holding your hands in hers just as you sat down.

     jean snorted and slightly elbowed the brunette who clicked her tongue, "don't listen to her. we just got here."

    you smiled and nodded, leaning back on your chair as the four of you started catching up with everything that happened in your life. it might've been weeks since you last saw them but considering that they were your best friends, you missed them a lot more than you could imagine.

     "i'm starving," sasha sighed out with a pout, "let's order before someone kicks us out for not buying anything."

     you chuckled and grabbed your wallet from your purse, "alright, i'll go ahead and order. my treat." you told the three with a wink, earning a small quiet cheer from them.

     "this is why i prefer you than sasha!"

     "you already know our usual order."

     "i love you so much..."

     you rolled your eyes at their mixed responses before heading to the counter where a small line has formed. you looked at the menu with squinted eyes, trying to find some drink and snack that sounds appealing to you. you already knew what to order for the three adult children but you weren't sure what to order for yourself. deciding for yourself was always hard for you but one thing for sure was that you wouldn't order coffee. not now, not never.

     "next," called the person behind the counter.

     you moved forward and blinked, looking up to see quite a tall male towering over you with a hint of blush on his light cheeks. he ran a shaking hand through his dark tresses, eyes avoiding yours for whatever reason. this man was taller than you by many inches and it was a big turn-on for you. what can you say? you do have a liking for tall attractive men.

     "uhm, h-how can i help you today, miss?" he asked quietly after a few moments of awkward silence, sweating slightly despite the cold temperature. you flashed him a gentle smile to somehow soothe his nerves, and he returned a shaky one. you eyed his name tag, mumbling 'bertholdt' to yourself and allowing the foreign name to settle well on the tip of your tongue.

     you began stating your friends' drinks and foods while you were still wondering what to pick. "one chocolate doughnut and--" your eyes glazed at the 'order today's special!' written in blue chalk over the blackboard with tiny doodles. "oh, what's your today's special?" you questioned, hoping that it would give you an idea on what to order.