DINNER II | c. springer + bts

[MODERN AU!] connie | fem!bts member!reader

     it's been two months and a half since connie and the others met bts personally. somehow they managed to befriend them and got each of their numbers (after promising not to share it, of course) much to connie's dismay. at first. the large group would hang out every now and then, so their friendship blossomed and connie's unreasonable hatred towards them dissipated.

     he had no reason to, anyway. they were hilarious and fun to be with, the type of friends connie needed. plus, he got to hang out with you, the only person he would be able to talk to for hours after hitting it off back in mcdonald's. even if he didn't want to admit it, his friends knew you were mainly the reason for not being hostile towards the group anymore.

     what was more surprising was he started listening to them!

     love and attraction were very weird. the power it held to change a person in a span of weeks was truly remarkable.

     humming the fake love tune to himself, connie scrolled through the countless tweets of armys and bts. his brows were furrowed as he read some, anger boiling in his blood.

     some fans were apparently not happy with you joining their group last year, they resorted to hate and 'unstanning' the group over something stupid. connie could only scoff and argue back in his head, calling them names and mentally cursing them. 

     "y/n is better than any of these assholes. bts doesn't deserve any of these," he mumbled to himself, completely engrossed on his phone to the point that he didn't hear his roommate snort in the living room.

     "wow, connie. what happened to hating bts?" jean questioned as soon as he plopped down beside the focused male, startling him out of his thoughts. connie's cheeks tinted with red as he stuttered out random words, defending himself terribly after chucking his phone behind his back.

     jean rolled his eyes at his antics, "anyways, namjoon gave us free tickets to their show tonight. the rest are going, you in?"

     now, connie was giddy and excited at the sudden news. this was his first time seeing you, er, them perform live. with the alarming amount of videos he watched of their different performances, he was hyped, and not wanting to lie, they're pretty damn good. he felt a smile creeping up, but he didn't want to look desperate just because of an opportunity. his friends were already teasing him for having a soft spot when it comes to bts, especially you, and he didn't want to worsen it further. it was already embarrassing!

     taking a deep breath, connie shrugged and gave a single nod. "i guess, i'm free tonight anyways." he answered casually, hoping that it didn't sound too exuberant. the copper-haired male saw through his act and all he could do was snort once more and chuckle at his friend's attempt to mask his true feelings.

     "connie, you're way too obvious."

     "s-shut up, horse!"

— ❂ —

     the golden-eyed boy should've known that even the smallest show from the world's current popular group would be loud and rowdy within minutes of starting. he and his friends were close to the stage, singing lyrics out he was familiar with alongside the other fans. he felt a little overwhelmed, he wasn't used to big crowds where he couldn't hear his own breathing or be in the open air.