FAIRY TALE | e. smith

[nobles au!] erwin | fem!reader

don't let my romance become
juliet in a tragedy,
take me away from here,
is what i'm feeling.

doriko (miku hatsune ver.), romeo and cinderella

     being the only daughter of a strong noble family in the kingdom of eldia meant many things but one of those stood out the most.

     you were the next heir of the l/n estate and the next ruler of its conquered land. your people expect nothing less but perfection, like the other past l/n rulers, from you.

     growing up, you were taught many things that a child shouldn't learn so soon. you knew how taxes and anything about trading work, you learned how to be cunning and charming for negotiations, they taught you how to be prepared when the time suddenly comes for you to rule. many conditions and rules were set up and drilled in your mind at such a young age, some would think it wasn't healthy.

     all of their actions were done so you could be a perfect daughter in their eyes, a daughter that could continue the l/n bloodline and lead them to greater success.

     most thought your life was too much and a bit too demanding, held captive to a puppeteer of their wants and needs. a life you didn't want nor asked to have.

     you didn't think so, not at all. you had everything you needed; a food, shelter, clothes, and parents. what else could you ask for? you were breathing and living, that's all you wanted.

     you grew up to be the perfect daughter they always dreamed of. you were the definition of elegant yet witty and intelligent rolled into one and your parents wouldn't have it any other way.

     when you hit the age of nineteen, that's where things got a bit stricter than you expected. you grew matured, you learned more about the world and about humans. your reasons that you used back then to jistify your parents' actions toward you were thrown away. your eyes opened to the reality. although you couldn't breathe without them suffocating you with their rules, you continued to do what they asked you to. to live.

     you were supposed to find your husband by that age, a perfect candidate that could help you rule the land if your father dies. a man that would keep the l/n bloodline running for decades to come.

     luckily, your parents were choosy and serious when it comes to your potential fiancés. every man they 'interviewed' was labeled as a piece of trash, a man that was obviously not meant for your perfect self. you were a bit grateful that they were serious about choosing a suitable husband, otherwise you'd be marrying a pig who doesn't have proper table manners or someone that doesn't respect you. most girls would want to marry out of love, but you have not yet experienced such thing and only relied to what your parents wanted for you. perhaps one day, you could love your soon-to-be husband like the princesses and princes in a fairytale book.

     however, that was put on hold as needed to find one soon. someone suitable to rule and someone up to your taste, before it was all too late.