JUICY DETAILS | a. arlert

armin | fem!reader

     the new levi's squad waited for the commander's orders inside the cottage, all tense and stressed out from their recent move and the sudden bad news they were bombarded with. with them was squad leader hange, waiting for the right time to leave and report to erwin about what they had already figured out amidst all of the chaos and to help him get out of prison.

     hange saw the worried and fearful faces of their comrades, hands shaking and their breathing labored (except levi and mikasa who were relatively calm). despite being the one who told them that pastor nick was dead, they felt that it was their duty to cut through the tension and lighten them up a bit before going back to the battlefield. these past few days have been a mess after all, and they were still children.

     they stood up suddenly, startling the others who were mostly jumpy now. they pulled up a chair at the table and sat next to eren and mikasa. their glasses were glinting mischievously as they stared at them with lips pursed together, making the young cadets nervous than they already are. soon, their face glowed as they smiled.

     "it might take a while for erwin to tell us his plans so why not make the most of it and hang together like good ol' friends?"

     levi scoffed, shooting them a disapproving look. "you think these kids want to play shit with you when their life is on the line?"

     hange waved him off, turning to the others who seem confused but interested at what hange was offering. "i barely know any of you," they whined, "so let's get to know each other, okay?" the others thought that their big smile was off-putting and that it was a bit creepy but nonetheless, most of them agreed. much to levi's dismay.

     the scientist clapped their hands excitedly once everyone decided to join, "good good! now," they looked at each individual with excitement, "we're not talking about basic information here. i don't care if you accidentally shit yourself while in the air or you peed yourself when you encountered a titan, we're talking about juicy topics!"

     the others looked morbid and levi scrunched his face in disgust. "d-did that happen?" asked connie with gleaming eyes, who was both curious yet disgusted. hange sighed and nodded sadly, wishing to forget the morbid story that now resided in their brain.

     "let's forget about that and start. spill some secrets, fellas!"

     surprisingly, mikasa was the first one to speak up. "i'm not exactly sure this is true but... i think bertholdt and reiner are dating each other. i've... seen some things i'd rather forget." she recalled, her voice soft and quiet as she regretted it.

     hange could see the haunted look on mikasa's face. that memory about the two traitors must have scarred her so deeply.

     "b-but what did they do?" sasha questioned, looking at the oriental with curiosity. "did they... frickle frackle?"

     jean snorted, biting his lips to contain his laughter as eren face-palmed at the girl's foolishness. "come on mikasa, don't keep us in the dar--"

     a resounding slap made all of them suddenly shut up, both shocked and amazed. mikasa had slapped sasha, who was now clutching her cheeks with tears in her eyes.