STUDENTS | z. jaeger

[MODERN AU!] zeke | fem!reader

warning:
slight manga spoilers

     "and... that's it for our science activity!" you exclaimed cheerfully, closing your book before putting your attention back to the rowdy students of yours. "does anyone have questions?"

     you leaned against your desk, arms crossed over your chest. soon, a familiar brunette raised her hand up.

     "yes, sasha?"

     "may i go to the bathroom?"

     the class erupted into tiny giggles, snickering or just scolding the poor brunette who seemed so clueless. you sighed at this before slowly nodding, pointing to the door. "fine, just come back soon." you said, earning a nod from her. in less than a second, she was up and about before leaving the classroom.

     high school students could be a pain in the ass, but as much as you hate to admit it, you've grown to love them like they were your own children. especially your advisory class who know nothing but jokes, talent, and knowledge.

     "no more questions?"

     you were met with silence, and you internally sighed in relief. "well, if there's no more questions then that's the end of your lessons," you checked your watch, "but there's... ten minutes before your next class so i'll introduce the next lesson quickly--"

     the class grew restless as you turned around to write on the whiteboard, clearly desperate to just get on with the next class. before you could even write one word in, someone called out for your attention.

     "miss y/n! i have a question!"

     turning around, you caught sight of a redhead's hand outstretched. he was frantically waving his arm around, trying to get your attention. you arched a brow, "yes, floch?"

     innocently, though with hidden malice, he asked, "are you and sir zeke dating?"

     the class fell silent for a second before echoing with the teasing jabs of students. you blinked owlishly, a speck of surprise filling your eyes. "w-what makes you say that?!" you asked in embarrassment, blood rushing to your cheeks.

     "well, the two of you are very sweet and nice towards each other," one of your favorite students, historia, said.

     beside her was the brunette that always sticked with her, ymir. she nodded and flashed a smirk as she added more to her point, "whenever he teaches us, he always compliments you and somehow manages to change the topic to you when there's no discussion."

     everyone giggled and agreed, while you sheepishly scratch the back of your neck. he does that? only now did you learn about what the blond history teacher was saying, and while the two of you were close friends in and out of work, he never said anything of the sorts towards you.

     quietly, you rebutted their claims. "w-well, he's just being nice. i'm sure he does that to other teachers too!" you exclaimed, deciding not to raise your hopes up just because of the teens' tales.