SCOTCH | a. arlert

[MODERN AU!] armin | fem!reader

warning:
mentions of drug

     "these two... are the jaeger brothers."

     in the pristine office of erwin smith was a television displayed atop of the wall, flat screen and a latest model with all features you'd want in a television. the blond in front of you stood tall and determined with the aura of a leader, eyes cold with his arms crossed.

     you, along with your other colleagues, stare at the screen in tense silence. the white static rang in your ears as you await for your boss to speak out more of the details regarding the brothers.

     "they're the owner of the multi-billion dollar company based in augsburg, jaeger corp., which you probably heard of already." he pressed on the remote, showing the logo of the said company before walking forward to his desk where you all have gathered. "they'll be our next case."

     "rather, we're working against them."

     levi ackerman, erwin smith's trusted partner and lover, walked in the office with two boxes under his arms full of folders and files regarding the company and its owners. he placed them on the table and all of you immediately grabbed a folder or two, flipping through the contents. 

     levi leaned against erwin's desk, arms now crossed as well as he took a good look at each of you. "their company is just a front, they partake in money laundering and drug trafficking."

     jean who stood beside you finally spoke up, "if what you say is true, why aren't they still in jail? those are big accusations, shouldn't the fbi or government do something about it?"

     "you've worked under me for two and a half years, it should be clear now why they're still not behind bars and rotting in jail." erwin answered, cold eyes trained on jean who went quiet.

     levi snickered at this and continued, "we still don't have proof. this might be just a normal, easy case for you but there's no reason why they rose up quickly to the top. they're smart, secretive, and mischievous. almost all of their workers are devoted followers who wouldn't just drop their boss."

     you listened intently, all the while flipping the folder you held all about zeke jaeger. you wouldn't lie, he was very attractive. his rugged look had a ton of sex appeal, though you shouldn't be thinking about it at all.

     "so, find anything that'll help the case." erwin ordered afterwards, turning off the television and placing the remote on the table. "witnesses, workers that are against what they do, anything."

     erwin grabbed his coat that levi had handed, "and don't talk to me unless you have a good plan to take them down."

     with that, the two left.

     "well, you heard him." your other colleague, connie, grumbled out as he stretched his torso, "let's get to work."

     you stood up and chuckled at the stunned look jean wore, ruffling through the boxes. "dear god, jean, are you not used to erwin's bluntness?" you arched an eyebrow, grabbing another folder. "you look like a deer in headlights."