DINNER | c. springer + bts

[MODERN AU!] connie | fem!bts member!reader

     "why are we at mcdonald's?" sasha whined, with arms crossed as she stared at the large group who was waiting for eren and mikasa to park their cars.

     jean scoffed, "to eat dinner, obviously. we already told you earlier." he retorted, eyebrows creased in annoyance. the brunette only pouted and followed the group inside the building, her stomach instantly rumbling. sasha was very hungry and she couldn't wait to eat but the fact that they had to eat at a fast-food chain, after the road trip they endured, did not settle with her. she was expecting to eat at some fancy restaurant, maybe even with a buffet.

     something that can fill her stomach!

     "you should stop whining," mumbled her friend with a shaved cut, "jean won't order for you if you continue."

     this caused the female to sigh and purse her lips, keeping her opinions to herself. the building was almost lifeless but then again, it was almost midnight. and yes, they were getting dinner at midnight because all the restaurants they passed were already closed. now sasha understood why dinner took so long and why they had to settle for mcdonald's.

     thank the heavens it was open for 24 hours!

     the group settled somewhere in the back of the building, sitting comfortably while jean, bertholdt, and reiner went to the counter to order and carry back the trays.

     there was a group eating behind their table so they made sure not to talk too loud. everything was quiet, soft mumbles and mutters passed by the group as they tease one another. everyone was tired and hungry but they still made time to laugh about the silliest things.

     connie was sitting on the chairs attached to the wall and across from sasha, who was now arguing with mikasa over something stupid. he tapped his fingers on the wooden table patiently, leaning back with a sigh before sneakily taking a glance at the other group eating.

     he noted how they dressed very weirdly. some of them were wearing hats that covered half of their face, white masks pulled down to their chin, and baggy clothes to match their whole aesthetic. a male with messy brown hair suddenly let out a laugh, startling connie's group considering that the quiet atmosphere was now broken.

     weirdly enough, he felt like he had seen them before. they were quite familiar to him but he couldn't place where or how he knows them. he looked at them again but made sure not to look creepy, he didn't want to get caught. one of them was a woman, h/c hair with f/c-highlights on the tips caught his attention first. her face wasn't covered by a hat or a mask and you could see her smile as bright as day. e/c eyes were crinkled to the shape of a crescent moon as she laughed at something her friends said.

     connie didn't want to admit it but the woman was very adorable and attractive, he swore he felt his heart skip a beat when he heard her honey-like laugh. a blush coated his cheeks once he realized he was staring at her too long and before she could notice him, he looked away.

     "connie, you okay?" eren questioned, brows furrowed in concern as he stared at his friend. connie blinked to reality and nodded, flashing a grin to assure the green-eyed male.

     "ooh, connie has a crush!" ymir teased with a smirk after catching him on his act, "you were seriously too obvious, dude."