PROTECT | e. jaeger

warrior!eren | fem!warrior!reader

requested

     the sun was blazing hot in the middle of august. the warrior candidates were in the training grounds in front of the headquarters of marley, running laps around the base while carrying heavy guns in their arms. they've been going at it for two hours now but their faces never showed any discomfort or exhaustion, especially two of the twelve-year-olds who were in front of the other candidates.

     the said candidates were staring at the two with amusement swimming in their eyes, often snickering and laughing to themselves at how serious they were.

     "eren, maybe you should take a break, you look constipated." the h/c-haired teased the male beside her, wiping the bead of sweat that slightly stung her eyes. her legs were starting to go numb from the constant running, her chest heaved up and down as she gasped for air. her lungs were burning and the constant heat from the sun was slowly making her head hurt but all of it, she kept hidden and continued running.

     the brown-haired warrior beside her wasn't doing any good like her. eren could feel his knees buckling under the pressure and he looked like he was going to faint soon. this was his first time to catch up with the strongest, fastest, candidate and it looked like his determination only kept him going. y/n found it surprising that the determined eren jaeger managed to run for two hours while running neck and neck with her. everyone knew that eren was only determined and loyal to the marley nation that he managed to become a candidate. he was an average boy, he's not as smart as his half-brother who was the inheritor of the beast titan or strong and quick as y/n. 

     his determination and need to become the next host of the attack titan was the only thing that kept him going.

     "i don't know, y/n," eren panted, "maybe you should stop. i might win this after all."

     y/n smirked and began picking up her speed, ignoring the burning pain of her legs as she went ahead eren. he was a bit surprised but he tried to catch up, only to fail miserably as he trips over a rock and smashes his head on the ground.

     the bell rang, signalling that it was the end of their training and it was time for their break just as eren fell. the h/c-haired stifled a laugh and turned to the groaning brown-haired warrior, kneeling down beside him with a smile. "aw, your achievement ended too soon." she laughed and stood up, "try harder next time, jaeger." 

     the other warrior candidates quickly headed to the mess hall, ready to take a break and eat their hearts out. y/n followed and left the groaning warrior alone whilst snickering, her hands on her pockets as she entered the headquarters with a smile.

     soon enough, everyone was seated in a table while eating merrily. porco was fighting with marcel using their forks while bertholdt tried to stop them. y/n only watched and laughed, often telling bertholdt to fuck off and let the siblings do their own thing which would result to a hurt expression. "y/n! they're playing with their food!" the dark-haired male explained, furrowing his eyebrows.

     "we all do, bert, let them have it this time." she laughed, earning a cheer and a thank you from the two. the others, specifically annie and reiner only watched with a frown and a raised eyebrow while bertholdt stopped trying.