SECOND YEARS | [manga character]

[modern au!] porco galliard | fem!reader

warning:
dead frogs

     "it's done, then?" your lab partner asks, her onyx eyes trained on the dissected frog laid out on the wooden table. you shudder at the gruesome sight and looked away, facing the science teacher instead as you nod. the brunette in front grinned and quietly laughed as she read some papers and you busied yourself by staring at her instead; you could never stomach the sight of a dead frog.

     beside you, mikasa smiles in amusement at your reaction and wrote both of your names in the activity paper. "get used to it, y/n." she hummed, pertaining to the dead animal on your table.

     "it's just... frogs are disgusting." you grimaced as you caught sight of its open body once again, its bodily fluids seeping out of the perfect cut across its body and staining the metal tray it was in.

     though you adore the subject science, cutting up dead frogs will never be a thing you'll get used to, even if they replace it with a fake one. "okay, we're done now." mikasa hummed, standing up with the papers in hand. she looked around the classroom and saw that almost everyone was still working on their task, arguments and chatter echoing in the huge lab. smells of different chemicals and the metallic smell of blood reached your nose and unlike the first time you had a lab project that were full of random chemicals, you no longer found yourself scrunching up or covering your nose. you got used to the smell pretty quickly (but not the frogs), especially when your teacher was eccentric about her ideals and fun when teaching.

     you followed mikasa to the front where the science teacher currently sits in, her fingers skimming through her own stack of papers placed neatly at the desk. "miss hanji, we're done." you chimed out, standing beside mikasa who handed the given activity to the brunette.

     miss hanji hummed as she read your answers in one quick glance, nodding approvingly before placing them at the corner of the table. "thank you, l/n, ackerman. the two of you are the first ones to finish!" she exclaimed happily, her hazel hues brightening up.

     you and mikasa exchanged smiles, "it's no problem, miss hanji. we're just smart." you laughed warmly.

     she grinned then stood up and scooped up the papers in her hands before handing them to the two of you, "since you're done, can you please give this to sir erwin at the third floor? he's currently in... class two."

     the brunette didn't really give the two of you any other choice but to agree and do what she says. so with a nod, the two of you left the classroom and headed towards the staircase in silence.

      "i didn't know sir erwin teaches the second years as well." you said in slight astonishment, your black shoes clicking against the tiled stairs of the second floor.

     "sir erwin is good with social studies, that's why." your friend replied casually, her eyes trained forward.

      you nodded with pursed lips, "that is true..." you drifted off as the two of you reached the third floor where second years dominate the whole floor. the hallways was quiet, save for the usual muffled cheers of students and lectures and yells from teachers. you lifted your head up to glance at the placards drilled on top of the doors, looking out for the said class two.