FRIEND | [manga character]

pieck finger | fem!reader

i don't wanna be your friend,
i wanna kiss your lips.
— GIRL IN RED, i wanna be your girlfriend.

     gritting your teeth together, you charged forward and wrapped your arms around the blond's torso, putting all of your strength in your arms and lower body to flip him and throw him to the ground. your opponent landed on the ground with a loud thud, paired with a painful groan.

     "woah, you got stronger, y/n." gasping from the rough training session of beating the blond's ass repeatedly, you looked up from your opponent laying on the ground to the woman not too far from you. "i'm impressed."

     pieck just got there and decided to watch the you train with a small smile. you caught her soothing gaze and she gave you a thumbs up, making you laugh for a little despite the fact that you were still gasping for air.

     standing up straight, you turned to your opponent and pulled him up. colt grunted at the spreading pain on his back, taking the hand you offered, while gritting his teeth to keep in the sounds of pain. "you didn't have to go that rough, i knew you were strong, dumbass." he whimpered in pain, placing a hand on his back to soothe the aching pain.

     you kept in a laugh, eyeing the blond who walked away while muttering out how his whole body now hurts. you weren't judging him for one bit, considering you had him pinned down on the rough concrete of the training grounds multiple times.

     wiping the sweat off your forehead, you tiredly walked towards pieck's direction and away from the blinding summer sun rays.

     "hi," you chirped with a bright yet tired smile, "what are you doing here? don't you have a meeting or something?" leaning against the wooden railing, you threw your head back and sighed.

     pieck laughed softly before offering you a folded towel, which you took gratefully, "it's finished, and you know i don't really care about what happens there."

     shaking your head, you smiled and followed her inside the building while catching up on random topics. pieck was mostly the one talking, ranging from smart things you often don't understand to simple things like how she saw porco scream at the sight of a rat yesterday.

      training just ended for the day and you couldn't wait to spend the remaining time you had with your best friend. you had something important to tell her, and you desperately needed her help with it.

     "oh yeah, we're going at that small restaurant in liberio, right?" pieck asked, entering the changing rooms with you and making sure the door was locked. "is something happening? why?"

     you snorted at this, grabbing your spare clothes in your locker and changing into them. pieck didn't bother looking away; the two of you had changed in front of each other many times but the black-haired woman couldn't help but let her stare linger a little longer from time to time.

     "nothing, i just... want your help about something," you replied sheepishly.

     pieck raised an eyebrow at this, "what is it?"

     "you'll know when we get there." was your only reply, a bright smile splitting your face into two before turning around to continue changing.

     pieck remained silent. not because she decided to leave it at that and wait, but because she was slowly panicking.

     what did you want to talk about?