MOM FRIEND | c. springer

connie | fem!reader

     "connie," jean pronounced the name with venom dripping each syllable, "you better back the fuck up before i smack you the fuck up."

     connie groaned when the latter threw him on the ground face first, pinning his back with the heel of his boot as connie struggled to get away. "ow! jean! what the hell was that for?!"

     the activity of the trainee corps for today was hand-to-hand combat. everyone was paired up and their partner already had the wooden knife, ready to strike. usually, connie was paired up with sasha but the girl was busy serving her punishment for sneaking food in their barracks so now connie had to spend his time with the one and only 'horseface'. connie, however, couldn't understand why the copper-haired male was going too hard and harsh on him during his attack. perhaps it was the first time he got beaten up in hand-to-hand combat considering he never really did take it seriously but surely his friend would understand that and go easy on him. it almost felt like every attack jean gave was pure hatred.

     connie eyed the other trainees who soon began to leave the area as training was done, the only ones left were him and the furious boy.

     "let go of me, asshole! everyone's already leaving!" the short male grunted in pain when the heel dug deeper. jean only narrowed his eyes, letting go of his grasp on the male before kneeling and staring at his eyes with his dark ones.

     "listen, connie. you're a great idiotic guy," jean explained with sarcasm, "that said, y/n deserves better than you so you should leave her alone."

     connie glared at jean as he sat up, dusting off some dirt on his uniform. "what's it to you? and, how did you even know about that?"

     jean snickered as he gazed at the latter, "sasha has a loudmouth."

     connie clicked his tongue, that fucking snitch.

     "anyways, leave her alone, okay? i don't need a 'dad' in our friend group and if you don't, you'll learn your consequences." with that, jean stood up straight and smiled. he left acting as if nothing happened, leaving the male alone with his thoughts.

     "connie!" a familiar voice called out, the sound of footsteps following before a figure appeared in the corner of his eyes. "hey, are you okay? what happened?" the person asked, worry and concern lacing their voice.

     connie blushed once he realized who it was. he quickly stood up and dusted himself, flashing a smile. "i'm okay, y/n. no need to worry."

     despite his comforting words, you couldn't help that something was wrong. his eyes seemed distant, holding something similar to anger and he didn't dare to stare at your eyes like usual. he probably had something in his mind and being that 'mom friend' in their group, it was your job to make connie feel better and to let him rant to you whenever he wanted.

     "i don't believe that," you told him after minutes of silence, "but i won't pester you if you don't wanna talk about it. now come on, lunch is already being distributed."

     with a sigh, connie followed you after you locked your arms with his. the two of you, well more like you, skipped your way to the mess hall to get food while you told connie how your training went. connie wanted to focus on you and your story but he couldn't help but wonder why jean was acting like an asshole.