SMILE | l. ackerman

levi | gender-neutral!reader

     "historia, are you sure about this?"

     you and your fellow comrades quietly venture through the halls of her castle in wall sina, with historia leading the group. everyone was buzzing, both giddy yet also a bit afraid of what was to come. though the former dominates the most.

     you were excited, too, because everything that would happen soon will be a bit... entertaining, so to speak.

     the brown-haired soldier turned to his step-sister with a frown, "mikasa is just kidding, right? so don't--"

     "after you punch him, kick him in the nuts and laugh at his face before saying 'how's that? i dare you to hit your queen back'." mikasa added nonchalantly, earning a snort from you as you stifle a laughter.

     eren only shook his head and exhaled slowly, "and they tell me i have some problems..."

     "this is going to be funny, though!" connie gushed with a huge grin, "i wonder what the corporal's reaction will be?"

    the others suddenly turned to you, where you stood beside armin behind the group. they each had a smug smile or look, each one making you recoil from their creepiness. "what?" you questioned, a bit afraid to even ask what their problem was.

     "i'm apologizing in advance," the blonde queen said with a smile, "after all, i'll be punching the 'love of your life'."

     shocked, you began choking on nothing as the others laughed at your reaction. the tip of your ears turned red in embarrassment and you only puffed out your cheeks. "he's not the 'love of my life'!" you whined out.

      "are you sure, y/n? because that's what you told us nights ago." armin joined in, a shit-eating grin plastered on his face. this little bitch...

     "no! i told you, it's just a little crush that will fade away!"

     jean rolled his eyes, "it's been months, y/n."

     before you could retort, you and the others stopped walking just as the short corporal you were all looking for pulled himself away from the window he was leaning in. you felt eyes on you and you gave them a 'look away or else i'll kill you' glare before levi could wonder what was wrong.

     historia started shaking in her spot, as if debating whether to do what she originally wanted to do and you were beginning to wonder if she was okay. soon, she let out a war cry and quickly brought her hand up for a punch. all of you waited and just as she was about to land a hit, levi moved his body so she punched his arm (quite weakly but let's not talk about that).

     you and everyone else gasped before cheering, a bit surprised that historia actually managed to do what she wanted to do. just the sight of it was exhilarating! especially after those days where he tortured all of you with cleaning and training. it was a great revenge.

     when he turned to face all of you, however, the cheers disappeared and all of you solemnly waited for a possible punishment.

     but what you didn't expect was him to snicker before facing all of you with a genuine smile. "thank you... all of you." he said warmly, his face glowing as he continued to smile.