EYES | o. bozuo

oluo | fem!reader

     petra and hange, for no reason, decided to disrupt your beauty sleep with a sudden 'sleepover'. they talked and gossiped about the most random things they could find in the survey corps. your room was surprisingly quiet and calm though, with the occasional giggles and hange's loud laugh disrupting the usual peace in the headquarters. it wasn't until you told them how your crush was staring at you the whole time you were training that both of them got louder than usual.

     "you like someone?! how come you never told us?!" petra cried out in a panic, shaking you, starting to regret even speaking about it. "we're your best friends, y/n! best friends!"

     "tell us who it is!" hange pleaded, their voice mixing with petra's whines. you sighed and stared at the two awkwardly, pursing your lips shut at their continuous pleas. you weren't going to tell them anything soon.

     you were pretty secretive, after all. most of the survey corps only know the basic things about you like your age, hometown, favorite color, and something like that. they couldn't even get you to tell what your childhood was like, something you didn't want to talk about

     "i'm serious, y/n!" hange screeched, tackling you to the ground as they cried, "tell us!"

     you grunted in pain, rubbing your back as you sat up once again. "hange, i'm not gonna tell either of you. because if i did, i bet he'll know in less than a minute." you successfully pushed hange off of your body, who merely pouted.

     "fine, we'll guess." petra frowned, crossing her arms as she stared you down in determination. you raised an eyebrow before smirking, matching petra's stare.

     "feel free to do so. i'm not going to tell you if it's correct, though."

     and so, they did.

     they spent half of an hour mentioning every man, be it in the survey corps or not and your response would only be a simple, blunt "no". your face didn't light up nor did your voice change in any of their guesses, they even had to repeat it just in case, in hopes of you giving a clue away.

     "goddamit y/n! you better tell us right now or i will scream!" hange growled, their glasses glinting under the candlelight. petra tried to calm them down but when you only shrugged with a shitty grin, that was hange's breaking point.

     the scientist did scream. a scream of desperation and curiosity, much like a scream when they're near titans. you and petra clamped their mouth, telling them to be quiet. it was late at night, after all. if someone, say levi, found them dilly-dallying in one's room rather than their own, they'd be sure to get harsh punishments from the terrifying captain or even from the commander.

     "hange! shut up, someone might hear us!" you hissed, glaring at the squirming scientist. with their glare, they slowly became silent before finally giving up and crossing their arms across their chest. petra sighed in relief, slowly letting go of hange.

     you were about to scold them further when you all heard heavy footsteps pounding on the wooden floor, getting closer in each second. you tensed up and soon enough, the door opened and a tired-looking eld appeared. his messy blonde hair fell on his shoulders, his sleeping attire crinkled and a broom held tightly in his hands as he looked around the room after screaming an "are you okay?" to the three of them.

     the four awkwardly looked at each other, unsure of how to handle the situation. it wasn't until hange spoke up with what seems a glimmer of hope. "so... you like eld, y/n?"