96

READ THE AUTHORS NOTE AND PLS COMMENT

The pain I felt inside my heart at that moment in time, was unbearable. I was broken in thousands of pieces on the ground, my mind was jello as I cried on the hospital floor. Nick had rushed over, trying to pick my limp body up, but I didn't want to move, I wanted to lay down and just cry. He managed to move me when I had cried myself out to Amelia's empty hospital bed, laying me down with a blanket over top of me.

Nick excused himself into the hallway with Sophia behind him, she had clung to him as I cried, I saw threw my teary eyes that there were tears rolling down her red cheeks. She never let go of him, probably mortified over everything that she's witnessed lately. I laid in the room alone, watching the cars driving and the heavy snow hitting the ground threw the window, my mind blank and my thoughts far away.

It seemed like hours until my fiance and my oldest daughter came in, Sofia carrying a tiny bowl with a spoon, and I assumed Nick had gotten her ice cream. I sat up, drying my eyes of tears I didn't know had fallen.

"I called Jordan, she's going to come by and take Sofia back to the apartment until further notice." Nick whispered to me after he put Sofia down on the bed. I nodded, agreeing that she shouldn't be here any longer, it was too much. Sofia crawled over to me and settled herself next to me curled into my side.

Jordan, Nick's eighteen year old sister had been living in NYC for a few years now and Sofia had met her several times, she and Amelia were both very fond of Jordan. I wrapped my arms around my six year old, cuddling her closer to me as she bit into her ice cream. Nick excused himself again and headed to the bathroom down the hallway.

I sat there, cuddled with my baby for a few seconds, thinking back about all the time that we had spend together over the last while. It feels like I have spend my whole life with this girl, but in reality its only been a year and some. I smiled to myself, happy tears growing in my eyes as I thought about everything.

"You know how much I love you right, baby girl?" I asked. Sofia looked up at me with icecream on her lips and nodded.

"Yepp, mommy I know, and I love you too!" She grinned, putting her cup of melted ice cream down and reaching up to hug me.

"When all this drama is over, me and you, movie. How about that?" Sofia's eyes grew ten times larger and I smiled at my daughter.

"Spongebob movie?!" Sofia asked me as I kissed her head. I wanted to cringe, that yellow sponge gave me a headache, but Id do anything for my little girl.

"Spongebob movie it is." I brought her to my chest, cuddling her close to me as both our eyes began to close. I fought to stay awake, getting a kiss from my boyfriend who explained his sister would be here in a few minutes. I laid with my daughter in my arms as she cuddled into me, my mind was focused on my daughter, trying not to think about everything else in my life. I heard Nick let in his sister and them talk for a few minutes.

Sophia heard her aunt and jumped from my arms, running to her. I got up slowly, wincing at the mental pain that I felt at the moment. Nick came over and wrapped his hand in mine, leaning down to kiss my temple.

"Here's the keys, and all her things are in her room. Please give her a bath tonight." Nick said, helping Sophia button up her jacket as Jordan took her little purse and Nick's set of the keys. Jordan then took her hand, pointing over to me as she bend down to her level.

Sophia hopped over into my arms and I forced a smile onto my face, she needed to know it was okay. I was her mother, she needed to know she can come to me without me breaking down and crying. I ran my fingers through her very messy hair, leaning over and placing a soft kiss on her nose.

"Be good for Jordan, okay baby? We'll call you tomorrow. I love you bug." I said, stroking her cheeks. She smiled her bravest smile she could and nodded her head, I knew she was scared and it hurt me to see her so put together through all this, but I felt a small bit a pride, my baby was a warrior and she knew how to stay calm at six, something I still have trouble with in my twenties.

"Bye baby girl." Nick and I both said our goodbyes, watching her walk to the hallway with Jordan walking behind her. As my baby spun in a circle I saw a small smile on her face. She waved at me before she jumped into the elevator.

"I told Jordan where her medication is incase her arm hurts. The doctor from the clinic said she can get her case off this week. I'll take her tomorrow, how does that sound?" Nick asked me, climbing into the bed with me and I curled into him, nodding my head. She had been in the surgery for almost three hours now, and they said it could be up to five, I don't want to wait another two hours for my baby girl to come out and soon be awake, be herself again.

"Okay." I whimpered and Nick shushed me, pulling his fingers through my hair softly, effectively calming me down. He always knew what to do.

We laid together, watching stupid youtube video's and looking through pictures of the four of us. He scrolled past one of me and Sophia on our first day together and I grinned, it was a screenshot from my instagram.

"I kept this because I wanted to have something to bring up if I ever got the courage to call you. I never did, I wish I had, but it doesn't matter, we still ended up together, and this time, it is forever.

I played with the beautiful ring on my fingers with a large smile, feeling his hand rub up and down my back. His phone was down on the bed and I took the opportunity to reach up and grab his head, ready to kiss him when the door opened. I groaned like I did when I was a teenager and had been interrupted then, turning around to face the door. My eyes grew wide and Nick and I both sat up, the doctor was standing in the doorway with papers in his hand, his mask pulled down around his neck.

"Mrs Lovato, Mr Jonas, we have news."

****

HAHAHAHA. Is it good or bad news? What do you think? Im a bad person, I know, but trust me, you guys theres a lot coming up. Kalum, Amelia, Sofia and a few other people, theres going to be some drama coming!!

When do you guys think I should end this? I was going to go until 200 chapters or something, I am not doing a sequel so whenever this story is finished, there will be no second book, maybe just a very long epilogue.

Have a good day (: Im in school rn and its a pain in the ass (-:

GOOD OR BAD NEWS? COMMENT.