A Scary Incounter

Kalum and I jumped into action, running to the door where we saw Sofia trying to pull away from a man in an orange jump suit, screaming and yelling for us to help her. I rushed to the wall where the controls for the garage were and hit the black button, which was used for emergencies and to call the police. While I had done that, Kalum had tackled the guy and had him on the ground with his hands behind his back, thank god for his training, and Sofia sat crying on the ground. I ran over to her, grabbing her and pulling her close. She cried into my shoulder as Kalum held the yelling man down. The police arrived moments later, pulling up and were able to detain the man.

Sofia and I were sitting in the back of an ambulance, they were checking her wrist where he was holding her. Nothing too serious, just some bruising, but it was going to be okay. The man was Sofia's biological father, the man who had let other men give his daughter the bruises and cuts on her thighs. I wanted to go over and punch the shit out of that guy, but I refrained. Sofia was clinging and tired after being checked out and I brought her to bed when everyone was gone.

Kalum and I lay together late in the night, both thinking about the night. How had this man gotten out of a jail cell and found us? The police said that he would be going out of state to a high security prison and would be far from here for a long time, but I was still scared for my daughter.

The next morning, Kalum made breakfast and Sofia refused to eat, I didnt want to get stern with her, but she refused to eat and would end up getting sick. I got her to eat a few things, but it took a while and afterwords she went upstairs to take a nap. She cried herself to sleep, which made me hate myself for letting something like this happen three days into her stay with us. The adoption wasnt even finalized and she was crying herself to sleep. Feeling like crap, I dragged myself downstairs after she went to bed and shook my head, sitting down on the couch next to Kalum. Should I move? Maybe.