34

I turned around to face my ex-best friend who stood in the door with a bag of things in her hand. My heart sunk into my chest as I noticed how bad she looked. She had lost atleast 15 pounds and it was really noticable, under her eyes were black from sleepless nights and the joy that once filled her eyes had disappeared.

Tears pricked in my eyes as I put down my daughters hand that I had been clenching. She opened her mouth to say something, but nothing came out, nothing at all. She put the bag down on the chair and glanced at Sofia, who was still out of it.

My doctor walked past the door, stopping for a second to look in. She titled her head at me and I nodded at her, signalling I was okay. I took a deep breath a stood up off the bed, walking over to the chair. 

Marissa stepped back as I opened the bag, inside was Sofias blanket, a pair of pjs, her black uggs that matched mine, my pair of leggings, my peanut shirt and my own black uggs. At the bottom, when I pulled out all the clothes, there laid a package of butterfingers. I smiled weakly, almost glad she knew what I liked when I was upset.

"I- um, thank you, Marissa." My voice shook as I thanked her for bringing them. She nodded, her eyes watching the tiled floor.

It was silent, for many seconds before she spoke up again.

"Look, Demi, I'm so sorry.." She started, I raised my hand, my tears returning. As much as I hated her, I missed my best friend.

"Dont, okay." I said sharply. She back up slightly, taken back by my tone. I didnt mean it like that.

"Shit, that came out mean, Im sorry, Marissa." I bit back tears. I didnt know why I did what I did next, but I walked over and hugged her tight, she melt into my hug, hugging me back. God I missed her, but I was pissed.

"I missed you so much Demi, please forgive me, I was an idiot, Im so sorry." She as crying, I hadnt seen Marissa cry too much, she was so strong.

I thought for a second, I missed her, I needed her, but I was upset, I lost the man I loved to her, they cheated on me, as a friend and as a boyfriend.

"We can try.." I mumbled against her shoulder, taking in her sent. It was awful, she smelt like cigorettes and alchohal.

---

ugh i have so much writers block for all my stories