44

Saturday was a lazy day, and we has a great day just sitting around watching movies and opening presents, she still didn't trust herself to eat anything more then some crackers and every now and then some juice.

I had bought her a ballet key chain, another dance bag which upset her because she missed dance yesterday, a few other toys and some stuffed animals, but her biggest present I didnt want to give her until she was 100 % better.

Sofia didnt speak too much during the day, silent replies where all I got. She was always whining, or crying, never showing me a smile. She stayed curled up with me on the couch with her bucket, whatever snack we where trying at the moment, her big blanket my mom had sent over, which she loved and a movie or tv show.

It was terrible watching her look so sick, my poor little baby. I had gotten tired of trying to make her smile, so I gave in and just curled up next to her, making sure she didnt cough on me.

The day dragged on and on, and finally, she was feeling better the next morning and talking some. She had a bath, but the cold tub still make her ache since she was still weak. I asked her numerous times during yesterday if I could take her to the doctor, but she refused and I knew it would be more of a fight, it would look like I was kidnapping the poor little thing.

After her bath, I got her in bed and finally I was able to get her to lay down and sleep, she hadnt slept for atleast 24 hours and I was super glad she was going down, hopefully shed sleep for a while, maybe till I got home at 10, but thats a pipe dream, this kid could run on no sleep for weeks if she wanted.

I slumped down on the couch, the stench of sick children spread all over my living room, but I was too damn tired to move and start disinfecting things. I laid down on the side of the couch Sofia never laid on and closed my eyes, excepting to only rest my eyes but I woke up to someone shaking me.

"Demi? Get up, you have to go soon." I heard Marissas voice speak and I shot up, looking around.

"Shit, Im going to be late." I scrambled to the bathroom, quickly showering and getting my clothes on, grabbing my make up bag. I peaked into the room where Sofia was still sleeping, thank god.

"Thanks Mar, Ill see you later." I stammered out, running out to the parking lot.

•••

Marissas POV:

"Shes gone." I sent off a quick text and wondered around Demi's new apartment, clean and stinks like sick children but I saw on Demi's insta that the kid was sick at some point in the last few days. I made sure not to touch a thing, you never know what could be on those items, and not touching anything will work in my favour in the long run.

I approached what I assumed was Sofia's door, opening it with the bottom of my shirt. I peaked inside, looking around and shaking my head, so many toys. I walked over to the bed, shaking her shoulder a little. She whined, rolling over.

"Kiddo, its Auntie Marissa, wake up, you need to eat sweetie." She groaned, pulling the blankets over her head.

"Sofia, up." She refused, and I was getting frustrated.

After many more tried, I ended up just carrying her out of her little pig sty of a room and putting her down on a chair. I tried to get the whining, tired kid to eat, but she wouldnt take any offers up on any kinds of food, even McDonald's, so I got a cup of juice, mixed it up with some water and things, giving it to her with a smile.

"Auntie Mar-Mar? This juice tastes f-funny." I could see her starting to black out and I smirked, picking her up.

"Oh, yes I know." I took everything I touched with me out the door and left the building from the back way, not looking back once.

••••••••••

Oh shitttt, cliff hangerrrrrrr <3
comment, vote, fan and be sure to check out my new story "but im a girl"