98

READ AUTHORS NOTE AT END

My eyes were closed but my ears were open, listening to the soft talking of the doctor and the sniffling of my fiance. I forced my eyes open, sitting up stiffly and allowing my eyes to adjust to the bright lighting. I was laid on a couch in a new hospital room, the childrens hospital rooms in the ICU and as I looked around the room, a dull ache in my head as I looked around.

Nick sat on the end of the bed with a frown etched across his face as he whipped a tissue across his nose. He moved towards me, wiping off his face off as he wrapped my in a hug. I listened for moments as the doctor explained what the options were.

"We would like, for your permission, to put her in a medically induced coma. This will give us, and you, some more time and is a better option." The doctor explained calmly.

"Is it reversible?" I asked while snapping my knuckles, my body molding into Nick's.

"Completely, the medication puts her to sleep and taking her off of them will slowly bring her back." Nick and I both nodded slowly at her. The doctor excused herself and I had expected to sit in silence, but Nick opened a conversation about what we should do. I wasn't expecting him too, she may call me mommy but I am not in her medical records and I wasn't her biological mother.

"The coma will stabilize her and we will have a great time frame to work in." The doctor said when she returned and Nick cleared his throat, voicing our decision.

"We'll sign the forms." The doctor nodded, passing us a clipboard with a stack of papers.

"Fill these out and then you guys can see her before we put her under. She won't feel any pain at all, its just a mask over her mouth and nose that will put her to sleep within a few minutes." The doctor explained and we quickly got to signing the forms, eager to see our daughter before the put her to sleep.

The papers were signed in minutes and we were soon lead towards the ICU childrens ward and I squeezed onto my boyfriends hand, my fiances hand with nerves running through my body. I was going insane on the instead, it was harder than I thought to walk in and see her. I told myself that she would be okay, and if something did happen, the doctors could fix it. She was going to be okay. But this part of me kept saying that I was going to lose her.

"Mwommy? Daddy?" The weak voice of our toddler whispered as we were let into her barely lit room. The doctor said the lack of light will make her sleepy and make it easier to get her to go under the drug.

"Hi princess." Nick's voice quivered. She tried to sit up, but she was clearly too weak from all the pain medication that she was on at the moment. Her face was scrunched up in a worried look as Nick wiped his hand across his cheek and reached out to take her small one in his massive ones. I watched with heart clenching emotion as he talked to her quietly about the situation.

"Baby, the doctors are going to put you to sleep for a little while, the big owie from your head isn't all gone yet and they need you to stay asleep for a little bit, okay? Youll see me and mommy and Sofia in a little while okay? Can you stay strong for us, princess?" The little girl in the small duck hospital gown gave us a pitiful frown and tears welled in her eyes before she took a deep breath, nodding her head.

We spend twenty minutes playing with her small fingers and messy locks, talking to her aimlessly before the doctors came in. We held onto her tiny hand as the mask was put on her mouth and she began to cry. It broke my heart and I could feel Nick shaking as he held onto my other hand that wasn't on our daughter.

"I love you, baby girl." I whispered as her eyes began to shut slowly.

whatcha guys think? omg im in the hallway doing my e learning at school and this kid was watching me type this chapter and i was like... omg... stop... stop pls... but he kept staring. he was like nine.

OH AND SOMEBODY SAID I SHOULD DO 50 FACTS ABOUT MYSELF??? DOES ANYONE WANT ME TOO AS WELL? PLS ANSWER.

COMMENT VOTE YANO IM SO CLOSE TO 1MILLION I CAN TASTE IT.

OH AND TOMORROW IS MY 16th biRHDAY AYEEEEE.

I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH. THANK YOU FOR THE SUPPORT. UR AMAZING.